what are some good songs and stuff to improvise to??? thanks
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
thats a pretty clever answer, tosser.
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
If your just starting out I'd recommend the 12 bar blues and minor pentatonic scale. For metal I'd take your favorite song check out the solo and figure out the scales. THen learnthe scale grab a backing track and give it a go yourself. You can start with the original solo and just mess around with it a bit and see what you can come up with. Obviously you can get more advanced than this but I think this makes a good starting point. cheers.
Quote by pepsi1187
your mom

You're an idiot. Shut up if that's all you have to say.

TS: It all depends on your style of music, but it's fairly easy and lots of fun to get started improvising over blues progressions. http://www.torvund.net/guitar/index.php?page=Backing_blues has all different keys, different progressions and different tempos to get you started off.

Also, check out www.guitarbt.com for an endless source of general backing tracks as well as countless song backing tracks.
thanks guys
Quote by Trefellin

improvise: to compose, recite, play, or sing extemporaneously

So if you are in your bedroom, play with what your bedroom sounds like, if you are in a garden, play with the garden sounds like, if you are at a club, play what sounds good in the club.

The trick to improvising is not playing, it is LISTENING.