I borrowed a bass from a friend and now i want to buy one. But i do not know which bass. I can give 331-496 dollar for the bass and the amplifier. What bass and amplifier can be recommended?

And apologize me for my bad english
Last edited by Whoomba at Mar 24, 2008,
Read the FAQ for some ideas and then hit a local store with your budget. In that range, you may be able to get some rather decent deals in the used market as well.
Quote by Whoomba
I borrowed a bass from a friend and now i want to buy one. But i do not know which bass. I can give 331-496 dollar for the bass and the amplifier. What bass and amplifier can be recommended?

Quote by jimmyhotpants
Fender P bass or J bass, you can get those for about $500

I think you should get a starter pack (Squier and Ibanez make good ones).
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Whoomba

331 - 496? That's pretty specific

Terb made some good suggestions.

Also, SX basses from Rondomusic.com are pretty decent, cheap basses, but you don't get to play them before you buy, which is an issue.
go for a starter pack if this is you jsut starting bass because you dont need something amazin for if you are just starting and the starter basses can be good for your kind of budget!