Ok, so I really feel like playing a WWII FPS - I don't know why so specific but anyway that doesn't matter.

I'm looking for suggestions - I would prefer something set in Europe rather than pacific but thats not important, the most important thing is its got some form of missions, I don't want just multiplayer ala Battlefield franchise.

Discuss.

EDIT: for PC
Quote by Keef-is-king
Malmsteen would be prudish religious freak sex. No Hands, no looking down, all the technical bits and not very good for anyone involved.
Last edited by perpetualmotion at Mar 24, 2008,
I'd say Call Of Duty 3. It's set in Europe, and it's great.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Nah, CoD3 is out cause, I prob should have mentioned this in first post, I'm looking for PC, my PS2 is currently out of action.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Malmsteen would be prudish religious freak sex. No Hands, no looking down, all the technical bits and not very good for anyone involved.
you could go the alternate ww2 thing and get resistance
awesome game
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Hidden and dangerous 2!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ironstorm. Alternate reality, set in 1969 or something and is a game coined off of the idea of WWII never ending. I highly recommend it.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Either a really early MOH game, before some of the design team split off and joined/made Infinity Ward, then CoD2.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Medal of Honour: Frontline.

ps2 game but its epic

+1

Call of Duty 2, one of the best FPS I've ever played, and still a very active online community
Wasted a lot of time on that multiplayer, incredibly addictive!
Quote by Randomer
+1

Call of Duty 2, one of the best FPS I've ever played, and still a very active online community
Wasted a lot of time on that multiplayer, incredibly addictive!

Yeah, before CoD4 it was my main Xbox Live game. I still play it occasionally for a laugh.
I've finished resistance already, I'll check out the others
Quote by Keef-is-king
MoH: UNderground

Ps0ne.......its was average
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Brothers in Arms. WAY better single player campaigns than anything in Call of Duty.
Quote by CowboyUp
Brothers in Arms. WAY better single player campaigns than anything in Call of Duty.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by CowboyUp

Your opinion is wrong.

. . .

Quote by Kensai
Hidden and dangerous 2!

But isn't it a third person shooter? I played the 1st one. Amazing game . The best thing is to play with a friend in multiplayer in CO-OP.

My recommendations:
Call Of Duty 1
Call Of Duty 2
Brothers In Arms 1 and 2

And I heard that Medal Of Honor is great, though I never played it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
But isn't it a third person shooter? I played the 1st one. Amazing game . The best thing is to play with a friend in multiplayer in CO-OP.

My recommendations:
Call Of Duty 1
Call Of Duty 2
Brothers In Arms 1 and 2

And I heard that Medal Of Honor is great, though I never played it.

Both Hidden and dangerous 1&2 are 3rd person or first-person shooters (you can choose with the c-key). Most people seem to miss this

Battlefield 1942 is awesome too, but that's more for multiplayer.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Not the most realistic shooter perhaps, but quite fun.
Quote by Kensai
Both Hidden and dangerous 1&2 are 3rd person or first-person shooters (you can choose with the c-key). Most people seem to miss this

Battlefield 1942 is awesome too, but that's more for multiplayer.

I know that you can see from a 1st person shoot POV. But I doubt that the game is made for that. I think that it was made specially for 3rd person.
However TS, try them. The first one is free !
Search for "Hidden And Dangerous: Deluxe Edition".
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

lol, everything is free if you know where to look and you have questionable morals regarding copyright
Quote by Keef-is-king
Quote by perpetualmotion
lol, everything is free if you know where to look and you have questionable morals regarding copyright

Yeah but most of the "Free" stuff doesn't allow multiplayer unless you're using Hamachi.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Medal of Honor:Allied Assault and it's expansions are pretty good, albeit dated to the max. Watching my dad play it made me want to hunt down a copy.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Quote by urik
I know that you can see from a 1st person shoot POV. But I doubt that the game is made for that. I think that it was made specially for 3rd person.
However TS, try them. The first one is free !
Search for "Hidden And Dangerous: Deluxe Edition".

I've always thought it was impossible to play in the 3rd person view, unless you're driving something. I mean, how am I supposed to shoot people when there's a fricking tree blocking my view? It's madness

They're still fantastic games though. I've recently reinstalled the 2nd one ^.^
Quote by urik
Yeah but most of the "Free" stuff doesn't allow multiplayer unless you're using Hamachi.

Thats why I said, I didn't want pure multiplayer lol - that and I like storylines
Quote by Keef-is-king
Quote by utahotc
Medal of Honor:Allied Assault and it's expansions are pretty good, albeit dated to the max. Watching my dad play it made me want to hunt down a copy.

D-Day on Aliied Assault is one of my fondest gaming moments.

Otherwise get

Call of Duty 1 with expansion pack and Call of Duty 2.