Im looking for a tube amp thats good for modern metal type stuff (In Flames, BFMV, Killswitch Engage, Machine Head) that costs no more than £400. Idealy it would need to be no higher than 50 watts as I dont gig, but of course as long as it sounds good at lower volumes the wattage doesnt really matter too much.

Ive found 2 amps so far that meet the criteria, the Laney GH50L and the Krank Rev Jr, both are under £400 for the head and they are both under 50 watts.

But the question is which one is the best? And is their other alternatives to these two heads? I would be interested in Bugera's but atm they arent released in this country, plus ive heard some people are having reliability problems with them...

Any suggestions and advice are welcome
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
You can get a Bugera from Thomann.de btw. Still doesn't help with the possible reliability problems tho. You might want to check out Thomann.de anyway if you're buying new, shipping is free over 200e or something (to UK) and their prices are usually pretty good.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
You can get a Bugera from Thomann.de btw. Still doesn't help with the possible reliability problems tho. You might want to check out Thomann.de anyway if you're buying new, shipping is free over 200e or something (to UK) and their prices are usually pretty good.

Ah thanks man, just found all the bugera's on Thomann.de and they are all within my budget, but if I did go for one which would be the best? The 333XL is the most expensive, and its the only one ive heard soundclips of, but is it the best for modern metal?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator