Page 1 of 5
http://www.myspace.com/in_mourning

My latest excursion to Leeds led me to purchasing these guy's latest album. And it's fucking awesome, great if you like Opeth. 'Shrouded Divine' hasn't left my CD player since I got it.

Enjoy, discuss etc.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Mar 24, 2008,
Mmm, I like his growls. Bookmarked for later
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
One of the few times someone has compared a band to Opeth without disappointing me.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I have to say that the packaging for this album is pretty cool too. It's a jakebox.

Like that, only more grim looking.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I want to get this CD now. I already downloaded it, but I want to get it for the packaging now.

Awesome band.
Bump for greatness.

I stumbled across these guys earlier, great stuff. Shrouded Divine is massive win, hell of a debut, if you ask me.

Yes! I just found out about these guys through a recommendation by a friend of mine. One of my new targets, for sure. And it also seems that there are no albums commercially available whatsoever of these guys.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Last edited by "putnamehere" at May 25, 2008,
^ Yes, a bump!

Since my acquiring of Shrouded Divine, I've played it many, many times. One of my favorite albums of 08 so far. I love it.
I also really like it, except for one bit in The Black Lodge where the singer goes all whiney. It gets to me every time.

I love the rest of the vocals, but I can't stand whiney...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I'm listening to them right now. It's some good stuff. It reminds me a lot of Opeth, which isn't a bad thing.
For those who have the album, where did you get it?
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
These guys are awesome. Reminds me of a slightly more melodic Opeth. The vocals are perfect (except for the clean vocals in Black Lodge) and the riffage is pretty awesome.
Last edited by Chugaroo at May 26, 2008,
^ Am I the only one who likes that part? I like the clean part on By Others Considered better, but still, The Black Lodge is my favorite song. Melodic, heavy, and epic.
This is actually pretty class stuff...
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Broadsword
^ Am I the only one who likes that part? I like the clean part on By Others Considered better, but still, The Black Lodge is my favorite song. Melodic, heavy, and epic.

I also really like that song... just that bit kinda ruins it...
Quote by Liberation
I always notice that part to. Not overly keen on it.

But in essence its just a small scratch on an otherwise glorious piece of work.
LAMMERGEIER
For those who have the album, where did you get it?

I don't have it, but I think they have links to where you can buy it on the myspace.

And, yes, the clean singing part in Black Lodge isn't too good, but the rest of the song is great.
In Mourning is such a great band. I have dicorevered them since a while, on Youtube. My favorite song from this band is In The Failing Hour.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I don't have it, but I think they have links to where you can buy it on the myspace.

And, yes, the clean singing part in Black Lodge isn't too good, but the rest of the song is great.

The clean singing part in Black Lodge sounds like it belongs on In Flames new piece of ****. Aside from the fact that I enjoy it, of course.
Are the lyrics printed in the booklet? Unfortunately I have almost no spendable money at the moment, otherwise I'd buy this album.

Any idea where to find the lyrics for the album?
Quote by Liberation
Bump for the epic win of In Mourning.

By Others Considered is absolutely fantastic. The whole album is great, but seriously... I have trouble believing they can top this album, unless Tobias gets better at singing.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
This is my confession, my lament to you
It's me, I've painted the walls
It's a portrait of a black parasite
From this day on I will look at life with my eyes closed

EDIT: Stupid wrong MA lyrics.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by Burning_Angel
Bump for the epic win of In Mourning.

By Others Considered is absolutely fantastic. The whole album is great, but seriously... I have trouble believing they can top this album, unless Tobias gets better at singing.

+1
Quote by Scourge441
This is my confession, my lament to you
It's a portrait of a black paradise
From this day on I will look at life with my eyes closed

I love that part. That song is my second favorite.

I can safely say it's one of the few albums I have where every track is solid. I always enjoy listening to it in the full.
Excellent band. discovered them this morning on youtube and will probably download their album. good stuff fo sho.

is it weird that i like a ton of bands who are compared to Opeth but i dont like Opeth? *gasp* haha
Got the CD this morning. This jakebox thing is cool, lol.
Quote by Liberation
I still love this album. It was in my top 3 for the year early in the summer, and I'm still contemplating keeping it there.

One thing I've noticed is that this album is highly atmospheric, and is so by not being overly repetitive, too. Mega plus.
Just bought Shrouded Divine a few days ago. Holy crap this is some good stuff. Its weird because about 3 months ago I listened to some of there songs and didnt really like it that much. Definitely one of my favorite albums of 08.
Quote by metal7690
The clean singing part in Black Lodge sounds like it belongs on In Flames new piece of ****. Aside from the fact that I enjoy it, of course.

Holy crap. You're right.

Although I do enjoy that part, I don't think it sounds that bad.

Shrouded Divine has been on repeat for the past two days. The title track is underwear-change worthy.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Holy crap. You're right.

Although I do enjoy that part, I don't think it sounds that bad.

Shrouded Divine has been on repeat for the past two days. The title track is underwear-change worthy.

All the songs are great. But yeah the best are The Black Lodge, Shrouded Divine, and Past October Skies. Someone should tab out The Black Lodge...
I think 'In The Failing Hour' beats all three of those, personally.

At least I can stand that bit in 'The Black Lodge' a bit more now, since I hardly notice it anymore. Used to stick out like a sore thumb to me.
Quote by Liberation
just found these guys and im not disappointed!!!! they sound very much like opeth but if possible a bit heavier in some parts!!! the clean vocals on By Others Considered are quite weird... but i definitely love it! cant wait to hear more from these guys! one hell of a record!!!!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Just found this on their official website: http://www.inmourning.net/

Studio booked for new recording! 2009-01-14 11:07:56
Yes, the date is finally set!
The 22nd of August we will begin the recording of the follow-up to our debutalbum, "Shrouded Divine".
Once again we will enter The Black Lounge Studios with Jonas Kjellgren.

So until the recording sessions beging we will focus hard on finishing up the material for our new album.
More info will follow during the writing process so keep checking back for updates.

Finally, don't forget our show at Sigurdsgatan 25 in Västerås this Friday the 16th!

In Mourning

Hell yes! I cant wait.
^ NICE!!!!!!! best lyric i have heard in a while
"This is my confession, my lament to you
It's a portrait, of a black paradise
From this day on I will look at life with my eyes closed"
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Marskell
^ NICE!!!!!!! best lyric i have heard in a while
"This is my confession, my lament to you
It's a portrait, of a black paradise
From this day on I will look at life with my eyes closed"

I agree, their lyrics are awesome. Thats probably my favorite part from the album.
Page 1 of 5