Anyone else have problems keeping their calluses intact? It always starts with just a tiny crack in the skin then after a few days the whole thing is ready to peel off. Then I spend 3 days or w/e of playing guitar in pain.

Anyone have any tips for making them last longer?
How long you've bwee playing? Mine used to do that but now they stay intact.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
7 years. They usually stay good for about 2 weeks or so then a tiny little rip appears and eventually it ends up coming off. Also they're rarley as hard as I like them to be.
Playing 25+ years. My callouses are hardly even visible.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
why are they so important?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Playing 25+ years. My callouses are hardly even visible.

+1

I even pick up bass now and then. Never ever had real calluses or pain in the fingers. Perhaps you're fretting too hard. Especially with slides and bends, if you push too hard they can cut your fingertips.
Quote by ouchies
I have fungus growing on my hands and all my skin is peeling off.. its annoying, the outer layer of callouses fly off while I play, but theres like a thin invisible layer of tough skin underneath, so its not too painful when I play.
fungus?? that...doesn't sound good. My callouses come and go. It's nicest when they just go all the way together. Dead nerve endings ftw.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
i've been playing every day for about 4 years and never had a problem with calluses, but a friend of mine uses superglue and lo and behold it actually does work. i heard stevie ray vaughn used to do that too.
A fool is not one who makes a mistake, a fool is one who does not learn from it.
-me HAH!
so what is the point of having calluses? i honestly have no clue yet every guitarist makes a big deal of them.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Moisturize
Quote by metal4all
so what is the point of having calluses? i honestly have no clue yet every guitarist makes a big deal of them.

Calluses are just layers of dead skin and they help your fingertips not get hurt while playing. When doing some exotic bends and slides and such on the high e string, it can cut your skin. Calluses help protect against that. Your fingertips don't feel as much.
Oh, ok.

I've never had problems with my fingers getting cut or anything. I just have tough skin. Glad i don't have to worry about them like you guys.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
just play your acoustic for like half an hour and boom calluses in twelve and a half seconds or get a ridiculously large gauge of strings, both work.
i have been playing about 2 years and i no longer feel the pain as i did when i first started(even though it never really hurt), but you can't see any on my fingers. They do crack and peel but I just leave them. Nothing happens.
I have wimpy calluses. I mean, you can tell I play guitar, but it's not like yellow dead skin constantly flaking. My fingertips on my left hand are just slightly tougher than my right.