GIBSON les paul Custom, Or Epiphone Lp custom with EMG'S ??

The gibson being over £2000...
The Ep with emg's being £650....

????????????????
Thats a ton of cash to shell out for a gibby custom. I have an epi custom because it was affordable. Its a great guitar, and I have no regrets with buying it. I would have regrets after buying that gibby though because it would put me so far back money wise.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
In all honesty? Neither if you want value for money in the UK. If you've potentially got upwards of a grand you'd be better off looking custom-made.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
putting emgs in a gibson lp custom makes me sad
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
What stuff do you play?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I got a Gibson Classic LP that came with EMGs. They make me happy It's not a Custom, I suppose.

Quote by gishuk
putting emgs in a gibson lp custom makes me sad
Quote by steven seagull
In all honesty? Neither if you want value for money in the UK. If you've potentially got upwards of a grand you'd be better off looking custom-made.
I sort of agree with this, though I'd up the rate. I would say the 'custom made' benchmark should start at a little under two grand, not a bit over one grand. I just wouldn't trust the build quality of any custom made guitar that cost under £1700 or so, and even then I'd be wary.

But yeah, the general rule is, if you've got enough money to be shelling out for the Gibson Custom (which is hilariously overpriced considering it's just a Standard with different binding - even the difference between the Epi Custom and Epi Standard is larger than that), skip buying a stock model at all and get somthing made just for you, or, buy a slightly cheaper stock model (such as a Gibson Standard or Classic LP), and spend the money you've saved on additional upgrades, such as changing the pickups (something that needs to be done on all of Gibson's production Les Paul models unless you want sucky tone), changing the pots and having it re-wired, etc. Or hell, spend the extra money on a couple of pedals, or put it towards a new amp head or something - you'll be happier that way than if you'd spent all your money on the one stock Gibson.

And trust me, this is coming from someone who has a couple of stock mid and high-end Gibsons, a few of their low-ends, plus some mid and high-end Epiphones, and a couple of custom guitars on order. The higher-end stock production Gibsons are not worth it. Either you buy cheaper and mod it, have a custom made from scratch, or you save up another thousand and go right to the Gibson Custom Shop itself. The high-end production Gibsons, just like the low-end production Gibsons, are a pointless 'stopping point', and a waste of money.
I know a guy who owns a Gibson LP custom. I don't think there's anywhere near enough difference between that and my Epiphone version to warrant an extra £1.5k - a Classic would be better (and cheaper) if you're looking for hi output p-ups.
That guy spends more time playing his LP jr than his custom - enough said.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Agile Dauntless EMG Amber Flame
Agile Dauntless EMG Amber Flame
The New, Low Cost, High Value Spectacular!
Real Flame Maple top and single cutaway solid Mahogany arch top body
EMG Select HZ HA-4N and HA-4B pickups
Graph Tech Nut
Full body and neck binding
Set-in Maple neck with Rosewood fretboard and trapezodial inlays
22 Jumbo 2.7mm frets and a 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play
Grover Die Cast tuners
www.rondomusic.com

Two volume & two tone controls and a 3-way pickup selector switch help you find your sound
Stop-Bar tailpiece transfers string vibration to the body of the guitar and produces superior sustain
Amber Flame Finish
Made in Korea
Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16"
Neck Taper is 21.5 mm at the 1st fret and 23.5 mm at the 12th fret
Thickness of neck at the first fret approx 11/16"
Overall length, including the strap button: 40"; Scale length: 24.7"
Bridge pole spacing is 3", and the Tail piece pole spacing is 3 1/4"
Width at the widest point: 13"
Body thickness 2" at edge
Actual Weight is only 10 lbs
Attachments:
lespaulemg1.jpg
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Those both look like incredible rip- offs. What genres do you play? What amp do you have?

Play In 2 bands, One being a Rock/On the verge of metal, the other punk rock.
My amp,.. Marshall AVT150 head, 200 watt marshall Cab.
Cheers