First thread, w00T.

So I've been playin guitar for like three years now, and since i started i have been playin my ESP through a Behringer GM108 15-watt amp and i figured it was time for an upgrade. So i went down to my local guitar store to try out some amps and finally decided on these two: a Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1X Combo Tube Amp and a Marshall Slant Cab Half Stack. I play mainly the blues and classic rock, and i took some opinions. My guitar teacher and several of my friends said to go for the Vox cause its a tube amp and has a great vintage sound, but my other friends said get the Marshall because its a half stack and packs a bigger punch, so i have decided to ask some people with a bit more experience.

Oh yeah, i did not go to guitar center to look at this stuff and the Vox amp i can get for like $680 as opposed to the $900 at Guitar Center.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Your friends who recommended the halfstack because it had more "power" are complete idiots. Tell them that I said that.
The vox. For the love of God, get the vox. Plus, if you can get it at that price, go for it!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 24, 2008,
If you care about tone at all you'll go for the Vox.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by darkarbiter7
Your friends are complete idiots. Tell them that I said that.
The vox. For the love of God, get the vox. Plus, if you can get it at that price, go for it!

Completely agree
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
ya. get the vox definitely. vox tube vs. Marshall MG? there's no contest.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Get the Vox, and if you need more power, you can just buy a 4x12 and connect the Vox to it (I think....).
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
That Marshall is the worst amp ever made. Stay away from it. Go for the Vox AC15, or a Fender Blues Junior, or even a Peavey Classic 30.
If you need more power, get the AC30.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
+1 for Vox
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by SpockTheRock
Oh yeah, i did not go to guitar center to look at this stuff and the Vox amp i can get for like $680 as opposed to the $900 at Guitar Center.

What kind of discount can you get on the AC30? It's a much nicer amp for for around the same price as the AC15CC1x.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Get the Vox!
MGs are a joke and you'll pretty much get laughed at for owning one.
Is that worth $600?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't get that Vox. The AC15 sucks.

Are those your only options? There's much better amps at the 600 dollar price point.

Yeah, the guys here might be able to find you a much better fit for you if you give us your style of music.
Quote by -Collapse-
Yeah, the guys here might be able to find you a much better fit for you if you give us your style of music.

Yeah, i play blues and classic rock.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Vox!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky