How Long do you think it's aceptable to try a guitar for (in a shop)?

Poll: how long would you try a guitar for in a shop?
Poll Options
View poll results: how long would you try a guitar for in a shop?
<5min
6 6%
10min
18 18%
15min
15 15%
20min
15 15%
25min
0 0%
30min
6 6%
>30min
38 38%
Voters: 99.
hullo, I was in this guitar shop theday, and i asked to try this bass, so i got a lead, amp etc. and when i was done i hang it up on the guitarhook, and gave the lead back at the desk. The guy behind the till seemed pissed off, i think i hmight have played it for too long, although i wasn't timing myself or anything.
If you're looking to buy, however long you want. It will be yours anyway.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
depends. If nobody else looks interested in it or they have more than one, play as long as you want.

otherwise, i would say about 20 minutes. It gives you enough time to look over it, get a feel for it and figure out all the tones that you can get out of it.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
I usually play a song or two per guitar/amp I use. I'd get pissed off if I wanted a go and someone was playing for longer than that.
Real men don't need sigs.
Depends what it is. If your buying a Squire strat then like 10 minutes, but if your buying a Custom 24 then you should be able to have all the time you want.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
I generally spend over 30. It's a lot of cash to waste if you don't test it properly.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
Well, what if you are thinking about it, but if you like it, your still not going to buy it on the actual day, like take the time to save up for it or something, there's so much about a guitar that you can only find out by playing it yourself, in my oppinion.
your the paying customer. they need your business, so take as long as you want.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
I'd say as long as you want. Just hate when one of the shop assistents are standing and starring!
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
I'm **** at trying out guitars, so i don't usually take very long at all.

But I'd say as long as you want, at the end of the day it's easier for everyone if you try it for as long as you want, decide you don't like and and don't buy it, than if you don't try it out that much and end up having to take it back
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
around 10~15 minutes, more if you're actually consider buying it on the spot. other people need the lead/amp/guitar/chair too.

like the other day some kid and his family was standing around watching him play on Jackson fully loud and he was just strumming open strings. and he was sitting right infront of the guitar i wanted to try so i had to wait ages for them to leave ..
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
as long as you want, u really have to get a feel for it if you want to buy it
Anywhere between 5-15 minutes, IMO.

Trying out a guitar, or any instrument for that matter, for more than 20 minutes just seems obnoxious to me.
The.
Well it's a funny story by the way; I were once in this classic guitar store (used to be a normal guitar store, but from one visit to another they'd changed it.. What a surprise!) and the only customer besides me was an old man who sat in the middle of the room, going crazy with a classic guitar. A friend of mine who had been waiting for me, told that he had been there for like an hour! And we were in the store in about 30 minutes, and just before we left, the old man put the guitar back and left the store without buying it or saying anything..

... Okay, 'funny story' might be a little too much but still!..
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
i usually stay between 20 mins and 2 hours
i get really anoyed when a guy is trying bass for over 30 mins so i try to try the bass fast is someone else wants to try it(mostly because i never buy the basses i try)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400