Page 1 of 2
Or does every girl ever think they can sing? Just because you can harmonize to a song doesn't mean you're a goddess at singing. It pisses me off to no end.

Your thoughts?
*generic your mom joke*
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I agree. However, it is true that girls can sing better than 90% of guys. I don't know why, but this is what I personally have found out. Maybe its just in my line of friends though?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Agreed. I'm peacefully reading Bill Bryson and all i can hear is some fat bitches sitting at the back of the bus singing Rihanna-anna-anna and people with DJ in front of their name, and it pisses me off to no end.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Makes me laugh when people in general can't sing but think they are awesome at it. Hence why I always watch 1st round of X factor.

Damn you gotta love the fat bitches who think cos they sing in a pub they are gonan become the next Madonna.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Agreed. I'm peacefully reading Bill Bryson and all i can hear is some fat bitches sitting at the back of the bus singing Rihanna-anna-anna and people with DJ in front of their name, and it pisses me off to no end.

Bill Bryson is an excelllent author. Which book are you reading?
is it just me.....or do a lot of shitty threads get titled "is it just me..."?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
i think thats a bit of a generalization cause i know a lot of girls who know they cant hit a pitch. but i do think that any girl who can sing thinks they can sing any genre.

for example: this girl i absolutely hate does have a nice singing voice but for things like musicals and church type stuff. and she gets asked by my friends band to help cover megadeth's a tout le monde and ever since that she thinks she can do anything. like my friend and i played a coffee house and did three days graces never too late and everyone loved it until she told us he sang it in too low of an octave and we made the song terrible and she told us these were the pitches it should be in a proceded to sing it in a higher pitch and make it...pretty i guess is a good word.

point: just cause you can sing well and hit pitches does not mean you can suit your voice to every genre.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
It's just you, but I guess I do know more girls who can sing than guys. But some of the girls I know who can sing, can actually hit the right pitch and stuff but they have really AWFUL sounding voices
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Nah, I know I can't sing.

The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Most. But it's a lot more difficult to find a guy that can sing nicely than a girl. I don't know why though.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Maybe they just like to sing and don't care what you think.. ?
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
In my opinion more girls can sing to an okay standard than boys, but when you find a good male singer he's a lot better than a good female singer.
Quote by Domino

Good point, although some are genuinely as the threadstarter described. Luckily they are a small majority. There is one girl I know at my school (Annoying as f*ck though) who is incredibly serious about it all, is bent on thinking she is the one singer to rule them all.

But she can't.

She REALLY, can't.

And she knows I am a guitarist in a band, and so deliberately sings around me, often songs I know she dosen't like but she knows I like, and it's aweful. People have told me as well that she wants to replace our current singer. She dosen't do it so much anymore luckily, but at the peak of it I wanted to just scream SHUT UP, YOU CAN'T SING. But despite how much I find her annoying, I don't want to be a dick.
Quote by sofubar
I don't want to be a dick.

Sometimes you do need to be a dick. It sets people in their place.

Anyway, yes, I know I was generalizing. But in my school, every girl (I mean every) thinks she's the next Madonna. You'd be hard pressed to find a girl who didn't.

There's also this girl in my school who has a youtube account and posts covers of songs; but she has no voice, and her original songs just suck. She also thinks she's going to get signed by Geffen or somebody. A rude awakening is indeed going to come sooner or later.
I've only seen one girl who thinks that. She can't, though..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Sometimes you do need to be a dick. It sets people in their place.

Anyway, yes, I know I was generalizing. But in my school, every girl (I mean every) thinks she's the next Madonna. You'd be hard pressed to find a girl who didn't.

There's also this girl in my school who has a youtube account and posts covers of songs; but she has no voice, and her original songs just suck. She also thinks she's going to get signed by Geffen or somebody. A rude awakening is indeed going to come sooner or later.

kinda like those hundreds of "guitarists" that cant actually play.

Each to their own, its a hobby like any instrument. Practice makes perfect.
~Domino?

Musics
some girls dont actually harmonize, more like try to sing the melody and fail or try to harmonize because it "shows talent" and fail even more miserably.
Quote by Domino

No such thing. Everyone has to hear his opinion and adjust accordingly.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Domino

True, but theres no acounting for natural talent.

Wich I don't have.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Domino

Sort of different isn't it? I somewhat doubt these people go home and practice scales and do proper vocal exercises. They just sing in public, very loud, to songs. Sort of like a guitarist that only does covers, bad covers.
Quote by Domino

correction: practice makes HABIT. some people practice a lot, but practice playing like crap.
Quote by sofubar
Sort of different isn't it? I somewhat doubt these people go home and practice scales and do proper vocal exercises. They just sing in public, very loud, to songs. Sort of like a guitarist that only does covers, bad covers.

If people had guitars permanently attached to them it would be the same.
People like to sing, its fun.
~Domino?

Musics
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I agree. However, it is true that girls can sing better than 90% of guys. I don't know why, but this is what I personally have found out. Maybe its just in my line of friends though?

ya know 80% of statistics are made up....

on topic: from my experience they usual are, or all the boys i know suck
Quote by Domino

And dancing, moshing, headbanging, crowdsurfing, jumping up and down, waving your hands in the air etc etc is fun, but is to be left at gigs
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I know exactly what you mean. We have two fat chicks on our bus that sing along to every song on the radio and they can't stay in key to save their lives. I try to sleep but they just keep singing along.

Quote by Domino

Only because you can sing well Gilli
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Not all girls.

But I must say I've had the experience of encountering a girl who thought the same about herself. It was very horrible.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Nah, I know I can't sing.

Yeah but you're not a girl who's too girly, or "one of the guys", you're just you. So it's all good.

I hate girls who think they can sing. I mean, wtf does that Mariah person think she is anyways?
Quote by Domino

Impossible!

I think that it's because girls like to sing in groups much more then guys, you can see girls singing together everywhere, but it's easier to find guys that do so, so they get more practice.

Just my two cents.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Impossible!

I think that it's because girls like to sing in groups much more then guys, you can see girls singing together everywhere, but it's easier to find guys that do so, so they get more practice.

Just my two cents.

They suck regardless. It sounds horrible, and they think they're worth something. It's all fail.
Quote by BassistGal
Impossible!

Just my two cents.

I *think* I was thinking that too.. I just couldnt be arsed trying to put it into words.
Me and my friends always sing, we are karaoke *****s. If you compare year old videos of us at karaoke to current ones, we now kick ass.
~Domino?

Musics
it's only because you learn to sing when you're a kid, then your voice breaks but nobody tells you how to sing. Girls don't have this problem.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
I disagree..... like greatly.

Although technically everyone CAN sing, just not so nice
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 2