need a 3 (true) single coil guitar with alder body/ basswood body in a strat/ superstrat sort of shape. needs to be good quality wood (neck and body), but further than that, not too fussed about brands. personal experience with the guitar u mention wud be useful.

budget is about £250 for buying new. Directly translated this is about $500 US, but due to tax it doesn't really work like that, its more like $425 ish. want a good value guitar for the price, squiers aren't too bad, but they cost a little more than i think they are worth due to the affiliation with fender. vintage (the make not style) is cool, but more is paid because they age their guitars artificially, which you pay for. same goes for figured tops and such.

any ideas?

thanks
im thinking of doing to be honest, i just have a real hang up about buying fenders. i always fee im taking the obvious choice, and paying a bit of a premium to do so. but if its the best i can get then i will, for now im just getting other ideas together tho.
wait for dave mc he has the low down on a whole bunch of japanese copy brands that are on par with fender. And if you want the real deal just look for a used fender strat.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by CobenBlack
im thinking of doing to be honest, i just have a real hang up about buying fenders. i always fee im taking the obvious choice, and paying a bit of a premium to do so. but if its the best i can get then i will, for now im just getting other ideas together tho.

oh ok. sorry about that.

i dont really know much about the lesser known brands
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
fender isnt one of those charge for their name brand... the mim stuff is usually pretty good (make sure you try them out, some do turn out to be lemons)

be on the lookout for cij or mij fenders as well (used) they are about par with the american fenders but generally cheaper.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
MIJ are excellent, and not just for value - I'd happily hold take my Jap fender above a modern USA Standard (though obviously it took a few minor mods to get there!).

If you like the Fender style but not the brand, try G&L.
Check these out. I have one and am waiting for another to arrive after I make the final payment.......

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/levinson_blade/~electric_guitars

They blow Fender out of the water and are reasonably priced.
Quote by paul88lx
Check these out. I have one and am waiting for another to arrive after I make the final payment.......

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/levinson_blade/~electric_guitars

They blow Fender out of the water and are reasonably priced.

I think they are out of TS's price range.

Seriously though, I would just get a used Fender, or even brand new, as they go for about £289 on some websites.

Fender don't charge a premium for the name the way Gibson do, you can even get American made/American series Fenders around £600 now.
Quote by greggybhoy
I think they are out of TS's price range.

Seriously though, I would just get a used Fender, or even brand new, as they go for about £289 on some websites.

Fender don't charge a premium for the name the way Gibson do, you can even get American made/American series Fenders around £600 now.

Sorry. I misunderstood the exchange rate. But they do pop up on ebay from time to time for reasonable money. Having owned both Fenders and Blades, I would say it is worth it to keep saving for something like the Blade. It's simply superior to Fender.
thanks everyone, uve all been a lot of help. now that ive got some ideas in mind, im going to go and find some of the guitars uve all suggested, and play them, see what i think. sounds like the fender strat might be a good idea though, so i'll be trying that first