GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Last edited by higgy30 at Mar 24, 2008,
Might help if some of those pages are not bad request.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
I can tell you from the first two links that the Fender will be more comfortable and sound better if you play sitting down and unplugged or mic'd, but the Ovation will sound great amplified, and be more comfortable on your stomach standing up. The other two links dont work btw.
hey fixed the links
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Those B-Band systems in the Ibanez guitars are actually pretty nice. Biggest thing I don't like about acoustic-electrics is that the controls are on top of the guitar. It's very easy to hit and get everything all out of whack, plus people like to turn knobs, and it's ugly. I like normal acoustics that have electrics added later.
I have yet to play a Fender acoustic that sounds good and is worth the amount they are charging. General rule of thumb (And I'm sure some of the regulars around here will back me up on this point) is that Fender Electric Guitars = Good and Fender Acoustic Guitars = Bad.
Similar deal with the Ibanez's. Good electrics (not to my personal taste but they still make some really nice guitars) but shitty acoustics. The sound is generally not up for what your paying and there seems to be a lot more emphasis on looks rather than sound. Also, they have some issues with quality control. I've heard of a lot of cases where they come out of the factory unplayable due to fretbuzz or the electronics partially working, or sometimes not working at all.

Ovations. Well, I don't really have any experience with them but I gather they are a real love-hate guitar. You could love them, or hate them. So make sure you try before you buy.
I would recommend looking around for an Alvarez or a Takamine. But whatever it is, make sure it has a solid top, not laminate or 'select' (fancy wording for laminate).
Last edited by johnos at Mar 24, 2008,
Go for a company that is more aimed toward acoustic.

Taylor for instance makes phenominal acoustic guitars.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Taylor for instance makes phenominal acoustic guitars.

Taylor's crappiest guitar costs 2 or 3 times this price range too.
Quote by corndogggy
Taylor's crappiest guitar costs 2 or 3 times this price range too.

That's why you get a good one XD You won't ever need another acoustic.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
That's why you get a good one XD You won't ever need another acoustic.

Very true.
But at the same time, if I had that money to burn right now I can think of a good few Luthiers who would get my money instead.
But oh how I wish I had the money to buy a good Taylor/Martin/Santa Cruz/insert favourite high end brand here.
Unfortunately, we can't all afford that.