So I have now an 15w practice amp and I'm thinking of buying a new amp since I'll start playing with my band and hopefuly in a near future star gigging, so I need more power ( and better tone).
My budget is of about 500 euros ( about 700$), but if realy necessary I can stretch it a bit. I play mostly Classic Rock and Blues but also some metal (like metallica etc).

And if you could tell me some pros and cons about the amp I'd apriciated. Also if it's not to loud to just practicing on my own and if it has suport for headphones (also neither are realy necessary since I already have a practice amp but if I could practice with the new one it would be better).

And if someone could tell me some websites where I can order amps, in case I can't find the amps where i live in.

Thanks in advance.
I would go with a Peavey Classic 30. A very nice all-tube amp, it has plenty of gain for Classic rock and a good blues sound. 30w is plenty of volume for gigs. I would get an Overdrive pedal, however, as it doesnt have quite enuff gain for classic metal or Metallica-style metal. Otherwise, i think its perfect. Look on Thonmann.de, it should have the amp.
Thanks.
About the Peavey classic does it have headphone jack and/or is it to loud to practice by myself?

I've been doing some research and I've found some people praising the peavey valveking but also some saying it sucks. Is it any good or should I buy the classic or another amp?
Quote by tijsus
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad15-30-50-100vt.asp

nice amps, versatile, with a valve
i think you can buy a 100watt version with 500€

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/VOX/AD-100VTH+Head/10/1

otherwise a marchall, but I prefer the vox

100watts is overkill dude.
High wattage and Long penis' share things in common, remember this.
Sure, you could have a huge ****, and you could brag about it to all of your friends, but you wont have anywhere to use it wouldn't you?
Quote by virtuosowannabe
Thanks.
About the Peavey classic does it have headphone jack and/or is it to loud to practice by myself?

I've been doing some research and I've found some people praising the peavey valveking but also some saying it sucks. Is it any good or should I buy the classic or another amp?

Can someone answer me? It's pretty Important.
Quote by virtuosowannabe
Thanks.

nope, it doesnt have a headphone jack. Only SS amps have that.

If you want classic rock go for the Peavey C30, which im going for also.
I tried it and fell in love with the tone. too bad i didnt have $500 with me
Quote by esp1234
nope, it doesnt have a headphone jack. Only SS amps have that.

If you want classic rock go for the Peavey C30, which im going for also.
I tried it and fell in love with the tone. too bad i didnt have $500 with me

There are handful of tube amp that have headphone jack. For example, Peavey Windsor . So no, SS amp aren't the only one that have headphone jack

TS, why would you need it to go bedroom level? If you need to practice use your 15w one because those amp are loud even if in volume 1. Trust me i had one, but i got a Peavey Classic 50 now.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 26, 2008,
Quote by angeldef
There are handful of tube amp that have headphone jack. For example, Peavey Windsor . So no, SS amp aren't the only one that have headphone jack

TS, why would you need it to go bedroom level? If you need to practice use your 15w one because those amp are loud even if in volume 1. Trust me i had one, but i got a Peavey Classic 50 now.

oops, well I wasnt sure. sorry