hey guys I am really tempted to get this guitar Ibanez RG320FM,

looks nice no?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-320-fm/7053

but then i read that the bridge is an Edge III 3 bridge and everybody on the U-G Electric Guitar form says its bad.

Is it really that bad.

I mean i loooooooove the sound/tone because i youtubed the guitar out.

Okay thanks guys.

I play both metal / and blues slash.

But more towards the metal side lol.
You don't love the sound of the guitar, you love the sound of the amp it was played through. Save for a used RG1570, or budget for a nicer Floyed when guying that guitar. If you don't need a Floyd, most hardtail RG's are solid as hell.
if u like it, get it. the edge iii is a peice of decomposed sheep testicle but its got the perfect routing for an original floyd rose. and they kick ass.
Edge 3 is a piece of crap.
Dont get it. Just ****ing dont do it.
Get the RG321 instead.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
The guitar itself is fine. But that tremolo really is the worst one out there, I've played £100 LTD guitars with better LFRs than the Edge III, my friend has that guitar, she had to get the trem repaired after a week or so. But she will NOT replace it or get a new guitar when it constantly buckles.

If I were you I'd save a small amount more for a prestige RG such as http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-1570/7050
Which is a WHOLE lot better, Japanese made, better pickups (slightly) one of the best trems out there, the only drawback is you lose the flamed maple top.

Though there is an alternative, buy this RG320FM and get an OFR for it, but that'd cost around the same as an RG1570.
But with this you can block the Edge III while you save for the OFR (OFR fits directly into an Edge III route).
Quote by the.spine.surfs
You don't love the sound of the guitar, you love the sound of the amp it was played through. Save for a used RG1570, or budget for a nicer Floyed when guying that guitar. If you don't need a Floyd, most hardtail RG's are solid as hell.

I want a versitle guitar with locking tremlo systen man.
Yeah I woudln't advised a hardtail Ibanez.
They're fine but never compromise, it's liek saying "I want a humbucker but I can't afford one, I'll get a guitar with two single coils instead".
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The guitar itself is fine. But that tremolo really is the worst one out there, I've played £100 LTD guitars with better LFRs than the Edge III, my friend has that guitar, she had to get the trem repaired after a week or so. But she will NOT replace it or get a new guitar when it constantly buckles.

If I were you I'd save a small amount more for a prestige RG such as http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-1570/7050
Which is a WHOLE lot better, Japanese made, better pickups (slightly) one of the best trems out there, the only drawback is you lose the flamed maple top.

Though there is an alternative, buy this RG320FM and get an OFR for it, but that'd cost around the same as an RG1570.
But with this you can block the Edge III while you save for the OFR (OFR fits directly into an Edge III route).

hm dude can you recomend me a guitar which is under £399.00

which MUST have locking tremlo system thanks yall.

Also it cannot be an ESP LTD mainly because i have got OCD and my OCD says i should stay away from LTD's.
Last edited by ibikinz at Mar 24, 2008,
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez/s_series

Any of those all haev great trems and are good guitars, however quite different to the one you're looking at.

Also look for the Washburn X40 Pro, schaller floyd rose, I think you can get them for under £400.

Also if you don't mind a used guitar, look for Ibanez RG550s or 570s on ebay, some go for pretty cheap, got an original edge trem and is pretty much todays RG2550, 2570 and 1570s.

EDIT: I wouldn't recomend ANYONE an ESP/LTD in england! They're so overpriced! However if you could get hold of one of the Japanese ones I'd say you shoudl take it in a heartbeat, pity that won't ever happen for us brits
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yeah I woudln't advised a hardtail Ibanez.
They're fine but never compromise, it's liek saying "I want a humbucker but I can't afford one, I'll get a guitar with two single coils instead".

That was a poor example.

You don't need a trem to be versatile, tone-wise. Even if you think you do, you don't always need a double locking system, unless you abuse the **** out of your wammy bar. Even if you do, the Edge III will hold together for a while while you save for an OFR.

That being said, most Ibanez Sabers have better double locking wammy systems.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
That was a poor example.

You don't need a trem to be versatile, tone-wise. Even if you think you do, you don't always need a double locking system, unless you abuse the **** out of your wammy bar. Even if you do, the Edge III will hold together for a while while you save for an OFR.

That being said, most Ibanez Sabers have better double locking wammy systems.

I knwo it was pretty **** wasn't it I couldn't think of anything.

And tone wise no, but in your playing, yes, well, depending on what you play.
Trying to play Lenny by SRV without having that trem vibrato doesn't sound right, playing Bad Horsie by Vai is. . just a not done thing etc etc.

And the person I mentioned in my post up there somewhere ^, she had that guitar because I was getting an Ibanez S470, she had no need for the tremolo and didn't use it in that week except for a couple of times when she was having the "Oh my god Herman Li uses a trem" thing anyway, the thing still broke, and regularly breaks on her now, even though she's actually stopped using it.
It's a real terrible trem!
Quote by the.spine.surfs

When I compared my G-400 to a RG321 it blew it out of the water
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
OH I totally forgot, maybe a lil' "unverstaile" for you, but it's got an OFR, Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge and a single sized humbucker in the neck, and is made out of alder.
So it isn't really too far off the RG320FM (aside from trem and body wood but both the wood of the RG and this should be similar sounding due to the added brightness of the maple and the fact Alder is bright anyway)

http://www.projectmusic.net/gunslinger-retro-red-2619-p.asp