Recently I've looking at and customizing computers(via Dell's website) and I found that it gets pretty expensive when I customize it to the specs I want, around $1000, which is more than I(or my father) would be willing to pay for a computer. So I'd like to ask you, based on the recommended requirements of the programs I wish to install on a new computer, should I match the recommended requirements, go beyond, or settle for less? The requirements for Sonar 7 are at http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONARStudio/English/New/system.asp

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: My location is Montreal, Canada. So much for newegg?
Last edited by guitar_amateur at Mar 24, 2008,
Don't buy from Dell, their ****. Also go as far beyond as you can afford to, that way when something new comes out you won't need to upgrade straight away.

What's your budget btw?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by guitar_amateur
Recently I've looking at and customizing computers(via Dell's website) and I found that it gets pretty expensive when I customize it to the specs I want, around $1000, which is more than I(or my father) would be willing to pay for a computer. So I'd like to ask you, based on the recommended requirements of the programs I wish to install on a new computer, should I match the recommended requirements, go beyond, or settle for less? The requirements for Sonar 7 are at http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONARStudio/English/New/system.asp

Thanks in advance.

looking at the specs in that link, you could probably get a $600 computer that could run that.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
My computer cost me $400. It cost me just over $200 for a new parts, and it's a pretty leet gaming computer. How in the hell are you spending $1K+?
Check out newegg.com
Quote by RPGoof
My computer cost me $400. It cost me just over $200, and it's a pretty leet gaming computer. How in the hell are you spending $1K+?
Check out newegg.com

?... but +1 for newegg if you're in hte US, do they offer a build service?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
what are the specs of your computer?

how do you have a gaming leet computer for only 600$?
Quote by mchoi999
what are the specs of your computer?

how do you have a gaming leet computer for only 600$?

Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory:
2558MB RAM
Hard Drive:
224 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Monitor:
Dell E772 (CRT Monitor at 1024x768)

My monitor isn't up to par but I can run alot of games with the highest settings, no lag.
www.newegg.com

Build your own system for cheap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by faultyy
Don't buy from Dell, their ****. Also go as far beyond as you can afford to, that way when something new comes out you won't need to upgrade straight away.

What's your budget btw?

Thanks for that hint. I guess my budget(really my dad's, but I plan on paying back what I can) would be less than 700-900
My sorta gaming PC was £310 from a system builder off eBay
Plus £30 for delivery and £65 for Vista Home Premium OEM, it came to £405.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
2GB DDR2 RAM
400GB HDD
Litescribe DVD/RW
Nvidia 8600GT

I'd reccomend trying to build your own, especially if you're in America, as the prices are so cheap!
Quote by Randomer
My sorta gaming PC was £310 from a system builder off eBay
Plus £30 for delivery and £65 for Vista Home Premium OEM, it came to £405.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
2GB DDR2 RAM
400GB HDD
Litescribe DVD/RW
Nvidia 8600GT

I'd reccomend trying to build your own, especially if you're in America, as the prices are so cheap!

And in Canadian dollars that is...

EDIT: $820, not that expensive. And it's not that much cheaper here either.
Last edited by guitar_amateur at Mar 24, 2008,