Just bought their album, You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into. I wasn't expecting much but as things turned out, this could be one of my favourite albums of 2008. Very Daft Punk influenced.

Who else likes this band, or is interested in discovering more about them?
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
I just checked out their myspace and it's excellent stuff. I'm definitely going to have to pick up their CD.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Their name is actually really terrible. I heard one song. It was okay. It reminded me a bit of Foals and Iwasacubscout. Nothing groundbreaking, just mediocore.
I think they're just as good as other "it" bands in the whole "let's make poppy house music" sweepstakes. I mean, sure they're not as good as say Daft or Basement Jaxx but hey at least it's not LCD Soundsystem right?
Why does anyone care about their name? What does that have to do with the music?
Which I really like actually.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
but hey at least it's not LCD Soundsystem right?

You dislike LCD Soundsystem more than these guys?
Its rubbish.
I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy
There's enough ideas on the album to have made a great single, or a decent EP. It's just a shame the band and record have such terrible names, and the britpop stuff wedged in between the dancier stuff really lets the better material down. It's not unbearable, in fact a couple of the songs would be pretty good in a club but I'm glad I didn't pay money for it - I won't listen to the whole album through ever again.
Quote by Shine On...
You dislike LCD Soundsystem more than these guys?

i actually think they're good at what they do.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
i actually think they're good at what they do.

Their problem is they can't decide what they do. If they had scrapped the mediocre britpop rubbish and released the best of the dancier stuff as an EP then it would have been alright.
Quote by smb
Their problem is they can't decide what they do. If they had scrapped the mediocre britpop rubbish and released the best of the dancier stuff as an EP then it would have been alright.

yes i noticed that too, two different styles of sound. that kinda kills it.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by DrLoveFuzz

Wow...

I didn't know he had hataz!
there should be more electro rock with weird yet cool effect bands going around, changed our bands sound totally :s
they seem to be in the middle of 2 genres some of their stuff rules others dont...

but "attack of the 60ft lesbien octopus" is the best named song ever

Last edited by Johnboywatson at May 1, 2008,
I've never properly listened to them but I just read they're supporting Nine Inch Nails in their upcoming tour which is fairly cool, might have to give them a listen
<3s for Pearl Jam
They have possibly the worst band name in existence.

Every time I hear it I just imagine some Vicky Pollard-esque chav snarling at someone on a bus in Salford.
In my opinion, I certainly prefer the more 'pop' songs on the debut, however I would definitely not define them as Britpop; there's no way you can bridge a majority quantity of similarities with Oasis or Blur, for example.

To the UG Community at the moment, it seems Does It Offend You, Yeah are like Marmite, we either love it or hate it. This does not apply to their name however, as it seems this significant choice garners universal dislike!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
I saw this band just over a year ago in Nowrich. One of the best bands ive seen imo, i dont think hardly anyone at the gig knew who they were but their songs really got the crowd going. I hadnt heard the album yet but i would definatly go and see them again.