I have a floyd rose equipped guitar. I see the EVH D-tuna for sale (which allows you to go to dropped D with a single push). When I wanna go to drop D, I just move the fine tuner down to D, simple as that. Why would you need a D-tuna unless you are switching mid songs? Is something there don't see?
Last edited by ibanez87 at Mar 24, 2008,
What I'm saying is that some don't even go down to D, the D-Tuna seems to be the answer in that situation.

Plus, i think it would be easier to flip a switch than to twist a little knob and tune.
it depends on where the fine tuner was while installing the strings. I had mine in the middle (followed the directions on the Floyd Rose site), and it won't go down to D either.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
You must have your low fine tuner almost completely loosened to do so...

Most don't keep their fine tuners like that. Usually they are more towards the mid range so that tuning can be adjusted in either direction if needed... Also, there are some very minor playability issues when your tuners are either tightened or loosened to the extreme..

Also, I second that it's much easier to flip a switch than use a fine tuner to drop tune a string... I also believe that the D-Tuna is designed to maintain tuning stability with the other strings when the low string is slackened...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator