Poll: Which Colour of Gibson Sg Special faded?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Colour of Gibson Sg Special faded?
Worn Yellow
33 38%
Worn Cherry
55 63%
Voters: 88.
SG Special Faded - Worn Yellow or Worn Cherry?

Yellow -
Cherry -
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
I voted yellow - because it's unusual. Of course, red is the way to go if you want it to be old school.
You're planning on buying one?
The yellow one is ugly, but they are badass guitars. My friend has a worn brown one and it's the tits.
Worn Brown costs more.

And I dislike it, Anyways, explain why!
Quote by Sonicxlover

Worn Yellow FTW. The worn red is trying too hard to be a Standard HC.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I like the yellow, b/c the red is very, very common. That yellow would definately get you some looks on a stage.
Cherry is by far the nicest out of those two, but i've a real thing for the cream/white SG's!

Can't find one at a reasonable price here, but you should take a look - they are incredible
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
im just tired of seeing cherry sg's
main rig

*schecter C-1xxx w/kent armstrong distortion and ultra distortion p/u
crate palomino v16 (usa)
EH big muff (nyc)
EH small stone (russia)

SCHECTERS UNITE!
PalOmInOOO
Quote by mck_776
Cherry is by far the nicest out of those two, but i've a real thing for the cream/white SG's!

Can't find one at a reasonable price here, but you should take a look - they are incredible

The only creme ones are the SG Customs as far as I know, and those are horribly overpriced. But I agree, they are indeed adorable.

Ts, you're one lucky guy buying one of these - I wish I had the money for that.
I would vote yellow. However, as far as all available sources are concerned, they stopped making the yellow version many, many months ago (in fact over a year ago).

That said, I also don't trust the SG Specials and any Gibson Faded series anyway, but there you go.

EDIT: checking again, the yellows stopped being made in late 2005. So if you're getting one of those, you're getting old stock that's been sat on a shelf/in a warehouse for the last three years or whatever. That's not good. Unless of course, they've started making them in yellow again, but there's been no announcement of such an option from Gibson themselves, so I would assume it's still not being made.
Last edited by bokuho at Mar 24, 2008,
I voted yellow, it's unusual and different from all the other cherry red SG's out there (not saying they're bad, just common).
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
18 votes either way... red SG is very common and the yellow would be cool if you wanted something more retro and different.
Yeah, I dunno' if the Yellow would fit in with my music, (Fall Of Troy, Every Time I Die, and many more) but it is Hella' sexy.

I need like, a win of a huge margin before I could decide. Damnit.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Get the yellow, it's a neat shade (the picture doesn't do justice) and not that common. But the only thing is that I'm pretty sure Gibson dropped this color for the SG Special faded a long time ago.
Yeah, It's on Music123 though, so it mustn't be a dry supply yet :P

I actually cannot wait to get one. Gonan' go sometime in April to check out some Gibson Sg Special in my local...They don't have the Yellow, So I'm going for the review of playability/sound etc, but right now, I think I'll get the Yellow.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by TheQuailman
The only creme ones are the SG Customs as far as I know, and those are horribly overpriced. But I agree, they are indeed adorable.

Ts, you're one lucky guy buying one of these - I wish I had the money for that.

Not really, They're only about 800 Bucks Maximum... (Dollars that is)

I've had to save for 9 odd months, so it'll be worth it.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Yeah, and dickheads Thomann removed the yellow, and my local doesn't do them. I liked both thankfully, so the Cherry's coming home.
Quote by Sonicxlover