I play alot of John Mayer and Eric Clapton and i know that they both use BluesBreaker amps(usually). So i went on the guitar center website and searched it and it was like 2,000 dollars. So I was wondering if there is another Marshell amp or any amp that would get me close to the tone of a bluesbreaker. I would rather it be a Marshell because i kno alot about Fender, Peavey amps that would get me that blues tone, but i want that marshelly tone. I want it to not be that expensive but if is i would like to it for like 600 dollars on ebay, so it can be like 850-900$ new and then i will try to find one on ebay. Hopefully you guys can help me!!!
Well you could get one used, or get a Ceriatone JTM45 clone
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Traynor.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can sometimes get JCM combos on craigslist or ebay used for 800-900. but if you want new go traynor, or maybe a low wattage orange combo.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Look at a Traynor YCV50BLUE, it's a bit more "JCM800" than it is "Bluesbreaker" but it still does classic Marshall better than just about everything else on the market these days.

Also Clapton uses a variety of amps from Fender's and Marshall's to Soldano's and Mayer generally uses Two Rock's and Dumble's. But fortunately this eliminates some options as you most certainly can't afford a Soldano or a Two Rock and there's no chance at all that you can afford a Dumble.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Looks like you're in luck! There's this awesome marshall half-stack for $600, and even zakk wylde says it has crushing overdrive. GET IT!

hehe. Seriously though, you could either get a piece of shit amp with 'marshall" written on it for your price range, OR you could get a good amp that is made by another company for the same price. Get a used Traynor YCV40 or a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
If you want a marshall because it says marshall, buy a MG and then quit guitar. If you actually like the marshall tone and want it on the cheap, ceritone is AMAZING. Youtube some videos of them.
Whats the difference between the Blue and the ycv40 or the ycv80? And which one would give me the more Mayerish/ Claptonish tone?
Clapton. USES. FENDERS! Try to find a used bassman, or just buy a fender twin amp/twin reverb (THERE IS A DIFFERENCE) with a tube screamer.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Clapton. USES. FENDERS! Try to find a used bassman, or just buy a fender twin amp/twin reverb (THERE IS A DIFFERENCE) with a tube screamer.

Ok, but bassmans are still like 1000$ on ebay so what fender amp could get me close to a bassman. A hot rod deluxe??
Marshell JCM 800 or older. Anything newer than that is garbage.

But quit being a brand name wh0re because many people that think they want a marshall end up not liking marshall after listening to some lesser known brands.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Last edited by omghi2u at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by zaffie8808
Whats the difference between the Blue and the ycv40 or the ycv80? And which one would give me the more Mayerish/ Claptonish tone?

The 80 is 80 watts and the 40 is 40 and the 50 is 50 and the 50 is also blue unlike the 40 and 80 which are black. The 80 has 4 speakers I think, I might be thinking of a different Traynor though.
Quote by GNRAGE_2010
The 80 is 80 watts and the 40 is 40 and the 50 is 50 and the 50 is also blue unlike the 40 and 80 which are black. The 80 has 4 speakers I think, I might be thinking of a different Traynor though.

So what would probably be the better amp for blues or are of them good?
The YCV50BLUE is voiced to be more classic/vintage sounding than the others, but all of them are excellent. I prefer the 50 to the others simply because it does a better job of emulating the crunch of a JCM800.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
But the Traynor seems heavy would it be good for blues like Mayer, Hendrix, SRV, and clapton or should i just get a hot rod deluxe to get that tone?
Quote by zaffie8808
But the Traynor seems heavy would it be good for blues like Mayer, Hendrix, SRV, and clapton or should i just get a hot rod deluxe to get that tone?

Traynors actually are great for emulating vintage sounds very well. A YCV50 would actually be perfect for what you are playing.