7 11%
Jackson DK2 $350
26 39%
Ibanez RG320 $300
11 17%
Ibanez S470 $300
22 33%
Voters: 66.
My budget is $350 USD MAX!! It may not seem like much, but I do have some considerations. I play rock, shred, metal, nice lead tones.
New Agile Strat Copy
http://www.rondomusic.com/st802rnvwh.html
I've read of how "awesome" the Agile guitars were, this seems to be the right price and it also has a wilkinson.
Used Jackson DK2
Seems like a nice metal guitar, but I really don't want to spend that much
Used Ibanez RG
http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=611299
Ibanez has a good reputation for fast necks, but I'm a bit concerned about the Edge III tremelo, even moreso because it is used
Used Ibanez S470
(No link)
Yes, I know everybody raves on this guitar, but I don't know if its any better than the guitars mentioned enough. I played an Ibanez S520 before and I didn't really like it; It was overly think and the neck didn't really fit my hand.

Yeah, and so my favorite neck shape is the ESP 400 Series Neck Profile. I didn't really enjoy the Wizard II necks although I think they are ok. The ESP 400 series is really a dream though. I would like to have a tremolo, other considerations are considered. So please vote for the guitar as this is very important to me. Thanks a bunch UG
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
The S470 is easily the best one out of those, the tremolo on that thing is far better than the other ones, being made of quality material and not wearing out easily.
The Neck should feel somewhat like the neck of the RG - Are you sure the guitar you played wasn't by any chance the SZ520? That is a different instrument alltogether with a completely different neck.
Quote by TheQuailman
The S470 is easily the best one out of those, the tremolo on that thing is far better than the other ones, being made of quality material and not wearing out easily.
The Neck should feel somewhat like the neck of the RG - Are you sure the guitar you played wasn't by any chance the SZ520? That is a different instrument alltogether with a completely different neck.

It was the S520, all black, I'm pretty sure its an upgraded model of the S470 without the HSH configuration.
Guitar Rig 3
S470. you'll appreciate the neck as you start to play more shred, as the 400 series neck profile is slightly clunky.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Thanks for your help.
I was also wondering, how is the quality of Ibanez's SA160?
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by kelvinxkelvin
It was the S520, all black, I'm pretty sure its an upgraded model of the S470 without the HSH configuration.

I just checked, kinda forgot that the model actually existed.

I'd go for the S any day, but if you don't like the neck and don't feel like getting used to it (and noone knows if you can get used to it), you're probably better off not buying it.
I would not go for the RG - simply because of the EDGE III. You seem like you know about the problems it can have already.
To be honest: I don't know anything about the jackson, I never played it. Same goes for the agile, but I'd rather avoid cheap guitars with tremolos, the trems tend to have low quality.

Ever thought about the Ibanez SA series? They have decent tremolos and the cheaper versions should be in your price range.

EDIT: about the quality: Usually they are flawless, but don't expect the pickups to be the greatest. They are not bad, but could be way better, imo. And as always, there are exceptions to the rule when it comes to quality in this price range, make sure to take a close look at neck and fretboard when trying out the guitar.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 24, 2008,
Go for the Jackson DK2. One of the best i've played. Nice sounding pickups and the neck profile is superb. Im sure youll love it.
ARGHHH! So many choices. And yes, was yesterday Easter!?
Guitar Rig 3
I recommend the DK2, out of your list.

-It sounds good
-It's solidly built
-Contrary to popular opinion, the trem is good and stays in tune

The only problem is the neck. If you didn't like the Ibanez neck, you might not like the Jackson. It's very thin and quite narrow, plus it has a square edge. I find most Ibanez and Jackson necks uncomfortable, myself.

If you love the ESP 400 series, why not get one? They cost about the same, and they're good value for money.

I suggest you save up a bit more, and/or get a used ESP. It'll be worth it. Why compromise when you've found your dream axe?
Last edited by sashki at Mar 24, 2008,
I can't seem to find a used ESP. My current guitar is a starter ltd and its crap. I perfer squier over them. But, I'll try some Jackson guitars.
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by kelvinxkelvin
I can't seem to find a used ESP. My current guitar is a starter ltd and its crap. I perfer squier over them. But, I'll try some Jackson guitars.

Starter LTD's suck like black holes

But the 400 series seem very good. I've never tried one, but everyone on UG loves them, and spec-wise, they seem great.
The Jackson has a solid lincensed trem and I love their compound radius necks. You'll have to try for yourself if you agree.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
You probably don't care, but I say save your money. You'd be way better off saving for a 400 series and actually getting what you like than just blowing it on any of those guitars.
Go get your shovel.
RG or agile. If the tremolo is most important then the S without a doubt. Edge III is not bad, I dont know what people hate about them. I say RG.

Im not familiar with agile, but it looks awesome
Quote by TheQuailman

s470
i vote the ibanez S. i like it the best out of the 4 choices.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
what about a mexican strat... you can find them used for about what your looking to spend... and less, beats a ****ty strat copy... or go with the ibanez S
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
I'm kind of iffy on the MIM Strats, thats why I put the Agile. I heard Agile strat are easily much better than MIM Strats. I'm going to Sam Ash sometime this month. Wish me luck guys.
Guitar Rig 3
S 470 or look for a lag, trust me, you would have to settle for a cheaper one but it can take the pepsi challenge with the bigger boys
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.