i am thinking of getting a Line 6 Low Down LD150 for my next amp. First off, is this a good quality amp. I have played it at GC and i am very interested in it. I want to know if it will stay as good as out of the box for at least a couple of years, and is it durable. Also i want to know if there is any amps that are as good or better quality than this for this price range or less. I am trying to stay under $400 and i also play some small gigs in case anyone is wondering about wattage.
I almost bought one of those amps, but then I ended up getting a good deal on an Ashdown EB180. Just try as many as you can in your price range, but I'd definately reccomend giving Ashdown a look
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I also agree with Delirium about Line6.

Now, I'll tell you, I'm very very happy with my SWR LA15. It's only 100 watts, but it still drives quite loudly. Only ran me $300. I strongly suggest you check one out if you can.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
My view is that certain things have certain roles. Effects pedals add effects, amps amplify. Mix the two and issues arise.

Line 6 is notorious for providing subpar equipment (excluding their fantastic effects pedals). The load everything they do with effects, when it would serve you much better to purchase an amp purely dedicated to amplifying.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
My view is that certain things have certain roles. Effects pedals add effects, amps amplify. Mix the two and issues arise.

Line 6 is notorious for providing subpar equipment (excluding their fantastic effects pedals). The load everything they do with effects, when it would serve you much better to purchase an amp purely dedicated to amplifying.

The POD, vetta and flextone amps? etc.

I've never played them, but bass player did give them a reasonably good review, they may be worth checking out at least.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
The POD, vetta and flextone amps? etc.

I've never played them, but bass player did give them a reasonably good review, they may be worth checking out at least.

Hey now, the POD is a wonderful piece of equipment.

The Lowdown combos are alright, but no great shakes. As an amp, it's fine, but on the whole, I wouldn't spend money on it. I'd just get a good amp and effects I'd actually use.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by t3hrav3n
Hey now, the POD is a wonderful piece of equipment.

The Lowdown combos are alright, but no great shakes. As an amp, it's fine, but on the whole, I wouldn't spend money on it. I'd just get a good amp and effects I'd actually use.

That's what i mean, i'm praising all of those products
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
I have a Line6 LD300.

Crap, should probably talk about it. Um. It's okay. I wish I'd spent the money on a better amp which isn't a 15" now that I think about it, but it's alright.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Forcemaster
That's what i mean, i'm praising all of those products

Ah, I wasn't sure, because I haven't had any experience with the latter two.

Line 6 stuff is hit-and-miss. The POD, and their effects pedals are good, but the Spider amps aren't as good. The new line of tube amps they put out are pretty good, from what I hear. I've also heard negative things about their instruments. It's up to you, TS, to try stuff out and see what works for you.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I own the LD150. It's solid. Gone through some abuse, but nothing too major. Sounds great to me. However, I would not buy it if I could go back.

1. Shape. The thing is an absolute **** to take around because of it's shape. It is incredibly awkward to hold and it's also heavy making it an absolute **** to try to carry.

2. Volume. Not loud enough for me.

3. Software. This pisses me off to no end. You can meticulously set everything just perfect and have the exact sound you want and save it only to come back to the setting sounding completely different. It happens to me all the time and at this point I've given up on saving stuff.

4. Feedback. This thing gets so much feedback it's unbelievable. I have to keep the drive almost off if I want to be able to play without feedback and the grind setting is just plain unusable at high volumes. There's nothing worse then having to stop playing in the middle of a band practice because your amp is feedbacking.