Does anyone know how Matt Bellamy creates that wierd feedback at the start of plug in baby?
Ha ha go me
No, but I'm going to assume it involves a fuzz and a delay.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
hehe i remember starting this exact same thread a few months ago.

its very hard, and he never does it live or anything

feedback, wammy, random open strings.
He has a zVex Fuzz Factory built into his Custom Manson guitar and uses whammy a lot and also has a Korg Kaoss pad built into most of his guitars he uses.
You ain't getting the same sound in a hurry
Quote by ginjaninja
he never does it live or anything

He makes similar sounds live though.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thom Yorke told him how to do it.

Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Thom Yorke told him how to do it.

So.. What you're saying is, one of us should track Thom down, and torture him until he gives us the answer we're looking for? Can I volunteer? I have a personal vendetta that I'd like to get even on.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
So.. What you're saying is, one of us should track Thom down, and torture him until he gives us the answer we're looking for? Can I volunteer? I have a personal vendetta that I'd like to get even on.

You'll never make him talk.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
You'll never make him talk.

So.. I get to torture him until he talks, but he'll never talk?

Perfect.
Quote by vintage x metal

Thom Yorke: Do you expect me to talk?
Jack Off Jill: No, Mr Yorke, I expect you to die!!!
Quote by Noyon999
Thom Yorke: Do you expect me to talk?
Jack Off Jill: No, Mr Yorke, I expect you to die!!!

No, no. I'm just going to make him feel like I felt the first time I listened to Kid A. No more, no less.
Quote by vintage x metal

...and that's the story of how the pit turned a muse thread into a radiohead thread.

\m/
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, no. I'm just going to make him feel like I felt the first time I listened to Kid A. No more, no less.

You're going to feed him the most delicious of food and drink until he is well nourished, bathe him in a relaxing bath, and allow him to rest on a bed of feathers?

Quote by emr_steelmech
...and that's the story of how the pit turned a muse thread into a radiohead thread.

\m/

In all fairness, Muse wish they were Radiohead.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
You're going to feed him the most delicious of food and drink until he is well nourished, bathe him in a relaxing bath, and allow him to rest on a bed of feathers?

That's like saying God wishes he was Moses.

Anyway, to be fair: I have warmed up to Radiohead lately. But that's pretty much limited to OK computer, and that was only because I was trying to figure out how to work my whammy pedal.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by ginjaninja

He always does it live.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Anyway, to be fair: I have warmed up to Radiohead lately. But that's pretty much limited to OK computer, and that was only because I was trying to figure out how to work my whammy pedal.

Whammy pedal trick:

Set to up 2 octave, and make sure it's off. Dive bomb open Low E, and before you bring the bar up (quite like the Dimebag trick) hit the whammy pedal instead of a harmonic.

The result should sound vaguely like a cat.

Quote by Muphin

Muse don't have to wish they're anyone.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by TheBurningFish
Whammy pedal trick:

Set to up 2 octave, and make sure it's off. Dive bomb open Low E, and before you bring the bar up (quite like the Dimebag trick) hit the whammy pedal instead of a harmonic.

The result should sound vaguely like a cat.

I use a Bigsby trem bar, I can't really dive bomb. I meant more like.. How to use it to make certain rhythms more interesting. I also need to figure out how to loosen the damn treadle, it squeeks too damn much and is a bitch to press down on.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I use a Bigsby trem bar, I can't really dive bomb. I meant more like.. How to use it to make certain rhythms more interesting. I also need to figure out how to loosen the damn treadle, it squeeks too damn much and is a bitch to press down on.

I'm not the person to talk to to stop your squeakage. Try Icky Thump (the album, in general), Jack uses it alot in there. Especially Catch Hell Blues, where he uses it with a slide to great effect.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmRHnLJlzQ

uses the zvex fuzz factory built into the guitar the knobs he uses are the drive and stab to make that sound also to whoever said he cant do that effect live he does it before every performance of plug in baby
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Quote by ginjaninja

What you talking about?

He always does it live.
Zvex fuzz factory with an insane amount of fuzz. He messes around with the stability knob on it. I think that's the only song he still uses the FF for. Other fuzz is from his huge rack of Line6 gear.

The other crazy squeally sounds he makes are courtesy of his Midi XY pad hooked up to a whammy pedal/Kaoss Pad.
Quote by Muphin

I think they sort of did when they started out but they have surpassed them since then.

I'm waiting for a 'lolzorz hozw iz i getsding s fu zzzzz fccitory ina ma guitaeadfr lol!1!!11!11' thread now
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Yeah, it really is.

Anyway, get an octave pedal and some fuzz and try and work out what notes he was playing? You know it might as well just be random feedback...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
He has a thing built onto his guitar which can control feedback. I guess an alternative would be getting feedback and controlling your amp or something. Or a whammy pedal.
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, it really is.

Anyway, get an octave pedal and some fuzz and try and work out what notes he was playing? You know it might as well just be random feedback...

He doesn't play notes, he just wiggles his knob.
Quote by Liam4

QUICK! SOMEONE TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT!

Well I was taking a random guess (I didn't read past the first page before posting.)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Liam4

He's good at wiggling his knob. Wish I had the opportunity to wiggle my knob infront of millions of fans.

*looks down and wonders if masturbating will create a squeal*

it failed

btw sum1 sig that lol
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
It is a ZVEX fuzz factory. That's how he gets the sound live too. I've got one and know exactly how to do it. Sounds the same.