New instrumental track I wrote the other day and just recorded in the last hour called "Roogie". I'm pretty pleased with it, even if not that much goes on in it. It's on my profile. Willing to C4C.

THANKS!
Again, great stuff. That main guitar part really reminds me of something from Incubus' Light Grenades. There was certainly a bit of Mike Einzinger flavor in there, though I also heard some aspects from Matthew Bellamy of Muse.

I do have a word of advice, drawing on my own songwriting tendencies. Your other song Rain, I thought was more apt to be an instrumental because there was a lot more melodic work in the guitar parts, where as this was mostly riff and chordal. Something like this definitely should have vocals to help peak the songs potential. I understand that vocals isn't feasible for many of us, so as an alternative play some melody parts on the guitar! Not solos, mind you, but melodies.

As for the solo, you have a gift for being tasteful in your solos, something we could all learn. Nice job.

Now if you'd like to return the crit choose one of my other songs off the page you critted earlier!
Your Majesty | All Lyrics/Melody/Piano/Guitar parts written by me. Please have a listen.
Quote by anoceanapart
Again, great stuff. That main guitar part really reminds me of something from Incubus' Light Grenades. There was certainly a bit of Mike Einzinger flavor in there, though I also heard some aspects from Matthew Bellamy of Muse.

I do have a word of advice, drawing on my own songwriting tendencies. Your other song Rain, I thought was more apt to be an instrumental because there was a lot more melodic work in the guitar parts, where as this was mostly riff and chordal. Something like this definitely should have vocals to help peak the songs potential. I understand that vocals isn't feasible for many of us, so as an alternative play some melody parts on the guitar! Not solos, mind you, but melodies.

As for the solo, you have a gift for being tasteful in your solos, something we could all learn. Nice job.

Now if you'd like to return the crit choose one of my other songs off the page you critted earlier!

You're so right. I spent about 10 mins trying out melodies and was just eager to get the track up so i left it. I might rehash it at a later date. I have a few more tracks in the works they should be up in the next week which will have melodies etc. Ur a good critter so i'll let u know.
that's a pretty catchy riff you got going there. add some lyrics to that jam and you'll have yourself a pretty sick song. the solo is also quite awesome and tasteful.

by the way thanks for the crit on mine. (and your sound quality is ten times better than mine. haha.)