Page 1 of 2
Seriously, I'm really beginning to suffer with hearing trouble.

I noticed a year or so ago I was missing my alarm to get up for uni, then missing my mobile when it rang. Now I have trouble hearingn high-pitched noises and even my bass sometimes. I also struggle to hear lecturers in university.

I'm now really panicking because I'm at uni at the moment and am in 3 bands. What should I do???

It's only a problem when theres blood running out of them

Unfortunatly, once it's happened, it can't be reversed.

Just try not to make it worse.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
do you use ear plugs? Good ones, not 10$ cheap crap or wadded kleenex
if not you pretty much screwed yourself...
best to start checkin out the chart above
use earplugs while practicing, not much else you can do; the damage has already been done.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
You should have that looked at. Maybe it's because you're in 3 bands, your ears are really stressed and they're "malfunctioning". Have it looked at by a doctor, hopefully it's nothing serious.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Decent earplugs. Now.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Decent earplugs. Now.

I used them.....they were close to useless considering on stage I'm right next to my amp.
don't play your music so loud when you don't have to?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I used them.....they were close to useless considering on stage I'm right next to my amp.

Mp3-player too loud?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
don't play your music so loud when you don't have to?

Unfortunately if I want to hear myself I don't have much of a choise but to be loud
Don't play loud. Go to doctor. Stop listening to music so loud.

Here's a fun fact: That high pitched buzz you hear (or your ears ringing) are hearing essential brain cells that are dying. You'll never hear that frequency ever again.

Not to make you feel bad or anything
Quote by killbox2490
Here's a fun fact: That high pitched buzz you hear (or your ears ringing) are hearing essential brain cells that are dying. You'll never hear that frequency ever again.

Please tell me that's not true....
Quote by killbox2490
Don't play loud. Go to doctor. Stop listening to music so loud.

Not to make you feel bad or anything

So that's the reason for the high-pitched buzzing noise when I'm drunk? Huh, I always thought it was the barmaid.

*Writes down information for next time he watches QI*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Please tell me that's not true....

sry man.........it's true

I think you're going to need a hearing aid like the other guy said
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

move your amp to the other side of the stage?

or even easier...

walk to the other side of the stage?

Quote by SimpleMan008
move your amp to the other side of the stage?

or even easier...

walk to the other side of the stage?

I would if I could. Not to make excuses but the amp I use for these performances is fixed into the wall and the stage is tiny, so there's nowhere I can go really without being in the way of the flautist/trumpter/rhythm guitarist.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Sucks. Too bad your disability doesn't come with a really cool prop like an eyepatch or a cane or something. You could carry round one of those trumpet things and hold it to your ear.

Funnily enough I've fashioned an ear trumpet out of paper...it seems to work
well talk to your band about having half-volume band practices, and then wear earplugs during performances. They don't look that fruity, i promise

Quote by SimpleMan008
well talk to your band about having half-volume band practices, and then wear earplugs during performances. They don't look that fruity, i promise

I already wear earplugs...they're useless!
Quote by ginjaninja
isnt ear problems irreversable?

Yes, because brain cells cannot undergo mitosis........
I havent even started band practice yet but i got one of the top pair of ear defenders i could find already
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Wear big freakin' things that people wear when they mow their lawns. I had a show and my ears kind of hurt so I put those on. Everybody said I looked ridiculous and out of place but I said I was so metal that I care about my hearing! Only the drums got through clearly and everything else just sounded muffled but that isn't really a concern for me as long as I keep rhythm. Point is they worked. You could even do that and then have like an in ear monitor or something (if they have those) so you could hear everything at manageable levels.

Another thing, definitely go to a doctor or audiologist or whoever looks at ears, it's a serious issue.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Hearing Aids...?

How would one go about getting hearing AIDS? Ear sex?
Page 1 of 2