how do i tap and mute the other strings while tapping but in a way so it doesn't mess me up or make me position my arm in a weird way.

Thanks in advance.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
If it's one hand tapping, use your index finger and thumb of your fret hand to mute the string on either side of the string you're tapping on. This works well for stuff like AC/DC's Thunderstruck.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
wrap a sock around the strings low on the neck. keeps you limited to just tapping but it works great.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
Use the palm of your pick hand near the bridge for the bottom three strings and the part of your fingers that connect to your hand for the top three (thinnest.)
if you're tapping on the higher strings, (G, B, e) than i find resting your wrist or forearms against the other strings. Remember you dont have to move your wrist, just let the fingers do the work. While tapping on lower strings, (E, A, D) try to use the meat of the palm of your fret hand for muting the other strings. Its kind of wierd, but tapping on the lower strings is wierd anyway. Hope i helped rather than confuse
Quote by killzy
wrap a sock around the strings low on the neck. keeps you limited to just tapping but it works great.

Or, learn the correct technique and don't limit yourself like this.
I found that resting my palm on the neck of the guitar works. Mutes all the strings higher than the one your playing. And I use my index finger to mute and lower strings.
Thanks for the help guys I'll try them out.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
if you're tapping on the higher strings, (G, B, e) than i find resting your pick hands wrist or forearm against the other strings. Remember you dont have to move your wrist, just let the fingers do the work. While tapping on lower strings, (E, A, D) try to use the meat of the palm of your fret hand for muting the other strings. Its kind of wierd, but tapping on the lower strings is wierd anyway. Hope i helped rather than confuse

+1 and why did you post like three times?
Quote by :-D
Or, learn the correct technique and don't limit yourself like this.
actually i learned from watching tricks that the pros use in the studio. its not limiting yourself. you should do what ever you can to help.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.