When playing E-Type barre chords ONLY (Ex. F major barre), I get pains in the meaty part of my hand between my left thumb and index finger. My my muscles sort of lock up and it makes it hard to move the thumb around without experiencing some pain in my hand there. Is this common when you first start learning to play barre chords? (I started playing barre chords last week). Although, the pain in my hand releaves itself after a few minutes of playing normal chords or not playing at all.
play drop tuning power chords its easier
they will go eventually
schecter hellraiser c-1 FR custom w/ EMGs 81/85 and EMG-EXG expander
yamaha rbx170 4 string
peavey grind BXP NTB 4 string
jcm2000 dsl 50
1960a cab 4x12
roland micro cube 2w
electro harmonix double muff
zoom g2.1u
One of the first things i learnt was barre chords, and hell it was pain to do (in both my index, my tumb and in the rest of the hand)
Now i can do them just fine, just practise alot, make small pauses and continue.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

barre chords suck at first; eventually you'll find a way to position you thumb and fingers so that the chord sounds correct and you don't feel pain.
Quote by hisjap2003
barre chords suck at first; eventually you'll find a way to position you thumb and fingers so that the chord sounds correct and you don't feel pain.

proper thumb position( thumbtip in the middle of the back of the neck) makes things way easier.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik