does it really matter what instrument cables you use??

i need some cuz my are dead, so input plz
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
it certainly matters especially with higher end equipment. I recommend anything with a lifetime replacement warranty. Don't get those 2 for $20 deals. It'll cost you in the long run.

Personally I would just buy a monster cable for like $60 and it will last you a lifetime. Also their "warranty" is the greatest. If it ever fails in any way, you can take it to ANY music store that sells monster and have them exchange it. no reciept or anything
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
As long as you don't buy crappy stagg cables it really doesn't matter that much. Paying £50 for a cable that makes things sound a tiny bit better is ridiculous and is the kind of thing people with more money than sense do. Sure, if you're rich and you have all top of the line gear by all means do it. But most people on here aren't.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
all the cables i've tried (hell loads) have all sounded exactly the same, some have been crappy £5 (~10$) and some have been £30 (~60$), however more expensive ones are more ridged and last longer.
You can get quality cables for at least 20EU-25EU (30$-35$). Anything below that just won't last long and you'll have to buy new cables every now and then.
Quote by timi_hendrix
As long as you don't buy crappy stagg cables it really doesn't matter that much. Paying £50 for a cable that makes things sound a tiny bit better is ridiculous and is the kind of thing people with more money than sense do. Sure, if you're rich and you have all top of the line gear by all means do it. But most people on here aren't.

You don't buy expensive cables to make sound "a tiny bit better" you buy good cable to last you forever. I have more sense then money.

I owned a guitar cable for 9yrs of twisting it, gigging it, stepping on it, that went dead and got it replaced for free in a little music store about 400miles away from where I had originally bought it. Sound stupid to you? And in the US, they won't cost as much as £50
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
I'm talking about the úber expensive cables that some people swear by. I'm with you on buying a good cable with a warranty and it lasting you, I just don't see why people spend stupid amounts on cables when you can get a perfectly good one for £10-20.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by KryptNet
You don't buy expensive cables to make sound "a tiny bit better" you buy good cable to last you forever. I have more sense then money.

+1

You're really throwing your money away with those cheap, crappy cables that all music stores carry. They're cheap for a reason. Spending money on good cables is the way to go. Why keep buying a bunch of cheap cables only to replace them every few months when you can buy a few quality cables that are going to last and come with a warranty.
Quote by timi_hendrix
I'm talking about the úber expensive cables that some people swear by. I'm with you on buying a good cable with a warranty and it lasting you, I just don't see why people spend stupid amounts on cables when you can get a perfectly good one for £10-20.

Same reason people spend stupid money on guitars, amps, cars,and TVs when you can get a "perfectly good" one for cheaper. It's just a matter of how much you're willing and able to spend on different things.
Cables make a difference. Length, type, you name it. Just like everything else makes a difference. If you can't afford it then don't do it. But if you have the money then better is better in the long run.

I'd say go with George L cables. You can customize your lengths for patch and instrument cables. The plugs are the most expensive part..... cable should only run you $1.00 per foot or so.

Get the Gold Plugs if you ask me..... I've had others and they're just flat out better.

Good cables are a necessity for gigging and if you're really going to be playing and not just bedroom fiddling.

But good cables don't mean they have to be $200 each. George L's are the way to go.

Bottom line is that more than likely if you have a cheap or mid-range amp and a cheap or mid-range guitar and cheap or mid-range pedals......then it probably won't make that BIG of a difference in Tone. But still......quality build and longer lasting is still an advantage.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Lava cables are my choice. Sound good and last a lifetime.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I use Evidence Audio instrument cables and George L's on my pedal board. The difference from cheaper cables isn't huge, but it's noticeable. Whether the difference in sound quality justifies the difference in price is for everyone to figure out for themselves, just like with other gear.

The George L's cables are also great for pedal boards because they're easy to make and you get the exact lengths that you need.