I really like this song (She's Electric by Oasis) but it sounds electric although I think I can hear an acoustic deep in the background.... I tried playing it with just my acoustic and it sounded really sad as opposed to happy like the song. Does it just not work with acoustic or is it the tab? Link to tab below for reference.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/oasis/shes_electric_crd.htm

*edit* I looked up another tab and apparently, the tab I have linked here has the chords listed incorrectly. G# and C#m are wrong and with the new tab, they sound a lot better. Maybe that was it, I don't know.
Last edited by xDynaBlade at Mar 24, 2008,
It doens't sound that perfect to me so maybe try out other sites for other tabs. But theres no reason why it shouldn't sound great on acoustic. It may lack the punch that the original contains, but when a song is played on an acoustic, it gains a certain respect and calmness that electric guitar doesn't have in the same way.
How a song feels musically depends on a lot more than just the chords; it depends on the tempo as well as how you strum just to name a couple basic/main things. But, if you want to do an acoustic version of the "real" song, I think using the correct chords would be a good starter
Quote by korn_dawg
How a song feels musically depends on a lot more than just the chords; it depends on the tempo as well as how you strum just to name a couple basic/main things. But, if you want to do an acoustic version of the "real" song, I think using the correct chords would be a good starter

Yeah, I figured that was a big part of it. I've got the right tempo and strum (I think ). I don't know if you've heard the song, but it's very upbeat and cheery sounding. The right chords sound much better as opposed to the other one which almost made them sound diminished.