What is the best or your favourite guitar strap? i used to have d'addario one which had an air system in it and it was very light even with les pauls..donno if that still exists. Leather is nice but gets dirty and isnt very movable on your shoulder compared to nylon.
I've honestly never used a guitar strap that didn't do what it should. Practice your guitar instead, the strap is just a strap.
Quote by Aziraphale
I've honestly never used a guitar strap that didn't do what it should. Practice your guitar instead, the strap is just a strap.

Touche

..faffing around on guitar websites for 3 years? ive been playing for 15 years kid so i have had plenty practice thanks.
My Dimarzio cliplok strap.
It's only strap/strap lock system that I have complete confidence in.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I have a Zakk Wylde strap on my Jackson thats great, i dont even need strap locks for it.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by yeahyeah
My Dimarzio cliplok strap.
It's only strap/strap lock system that I have complete confidence in.

+4056 x 3

i have the cliplocks too... i dont trust strap buttons at all!
No. 1
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Aziraphale

don't be a dick is a question. when your playing you don't a ****ty strap cause you guitar will just slip out.

i personal only have a leather one but you need strap locks with it cause it's old and it comes of my guitar.

so i would say if you have strap locks or something like that just choose one thats comfortable
Quote by EvyDefMetal
Touche

..faffing around on guitar websites for 3 years? ive been playing for 15 years kid so i have had plenty practice thanks.

It wasn't meant as an insult, dude. Just because you've played a long time doesn't mean there's no need to practice. I've had plenty of practice myself but that doesn't mean I stop doing it and start looking for semi-educated opinions on whichever guitar strap is best instead. That was my point, chill.
Quote by Aziraphale

See, that's your own opinion as a person who is probably average size and plays an average guitar so the average strap works for you.

But when you're a big guy like me, or you're in idiot like me and throw your guitar around live, you're gunna wanna look into your strap. Probably just as much as your picks, strings, tubes, cables, etc.

I use http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kepur-Zero.Pro-2-Smooth-Guitar-Strap-?sku=364009 straps like that, and of that brand.

I've used really nice Levy's straps and such, and even the cheap ones. I'm a big guy and they end up putting the guitar in between my chest and my belly button. I'm not in the Beatles, and I for my picking hand I use my 'long arm' if you're familiar with that saying, so I like the top of the body just around my belt.

And another thing. If you throw your guitar around and you wanna invest in strap locks. If you interested in the Dunlops or Schallers or whatever, DON'T. They're REALLY heavy and strip the holes for the screws on the body in weeks. I've seen it on multiple guitars. You might as well buy a box of toothpicks along with the straplocks if you must have them.

Wow, what a ramble. But yeah, research and find what's best for you, like everything else gear related!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
the best one for me is my gibson lightning bolt strap that Ace Frehley created back in the 70's. its my secret weapon..
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
I'm too big for using quality straps (I like to have guitar between my knees and balls and I'm 206cm tall) so i make them by myself. Currently I have one which is about one / one-and-a-half inch wide. This is by far my favorite strap, safely locked in Warwick straplocks

I have also "Guitar World" strap (whatever the **** it is, it was the cheapest one I could get). It's made of two identicall straps stitched together so it could fit to me.

Basically, i dislike straps with all those super-duper technology in them. For me a simple belt is enough (of course unless it's long enough )
¡ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sı sıɥʇ
my strap is just blak leather with a picture of a naked devil girl on it (class i know) but hey...... i'm young and love too thrash metal so it suits me fine
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
i have a Marshall black nylon strap (eBay!!!!!).

As long as it isn't leather or anything that sticks to you, it's my favorite.

they're all good, just as long as they don't stick to you, i HATE that!
Quote by Fuzzbox91
I have a Zakk Wylde strap on my Jackson thats great, i dont even need strap locks for it.

What, like... That really, REALLY wide one he uses? They're funny
Quote by 2003LP
I have a pretty sweet Planet Waves strap.
Not only is my strap cool, it's very, very comfortable, too.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-Retro-Classics-Strap?sku=365241
mine is the second one (tapestry).

It really doesn't require strap locks, it's cut quite nicely.
Well, that and the fact that I have over-sized strap buttons.

I use one of those, it's the last one from left to right. I put straploks on though, just as a precaution. I don't want my guitar falling, especially since it's an LP which are notorious for broken headstocks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I use a really cool Black with grey inner material (can't explain it well) -- strap by Dickies... Let's see if I can find a link...

http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionlarge/Dickies/224774jpg.jpg

I use it with straplocks, which if you (anyone reading this) don't have them. Get straplocks. Now. Lol.
@SeijiRellik

Originally posted by FunkasPuck
Windows secretly molest your guitar when you arent looking.
The radiator films it.

Member #9 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
my rules

rule #1: it must match the guitar

rule #2: it must not be too fancy to take away from the guitar

i like to keep the straps simple but well-made.
Leather with some tight fitting rubber washers over the buttons. For a $1.00 you have the best strap locks ever made. The strap can't come off.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I use a planet waves strap, it's awesome. Comfy, not huge, detailed and secure.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i have 2 straps from the Dunlop Lucky 13 series..

Very comfortable as their wide nylon and very well made.
As long as it has suede on the inside it's fine by me. I can't stand slippery straps.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by EvyDefMetal
Touche

seeing as how you're already banned, i guess this post is just in case you check back in as a guest, but i think the "kid" has a pretty good point here.

really, after 15 years of playing the best way you can come up with to help the younger players is to make an ultimate best strap thread?

this section used to be filled with great threads. guys debated about serious rig questions.

and now it's, all fanboy, and ultimate back scratcher threads.

at least modernp^^^ had some advice for younger players.
maybe when you're unbanned you can use that post as an example.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Apr 22, 2008,