So Yesterday, I traded my G400 for a Dean DBDT ML. Holy crap, the Dean is just amazing.

The neck plays so much better than my Epiphone, and I can go pretty fast on it. The Sustain is Crazy, I can hold a note forever.

Once I get new pickups, this thing will be even better, but man, for a Guitar which is around $300-400, I'm impressed.
Last edited by FRDesign at Mar 24, 2008,
glad youre happy bud. Youll probably end up finding a few flaws on the dean but who cares with no money spent eh?

enjoy!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
to be fair..... you went from a non-metal guitar to a metal guitar so obviously the neck is going to be faster and as for sustain........ i spose dean had to get something right......
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Can you let us know how long the note holds for? I know it sounds silly but just measure in seconds please :P
what pickups are you putting in there? i recently bought a dean too, razorback 255, dean guitars are just awesome
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
what pickups are you putting in there? i recently bought a dean too, razorback 255, dean guitars are just awesome
I might go EMG's.
thats a nice trade!... im a xplorer sucker.. that cut in the body just seems unnatural...

but im very interested in buying a Dean
a video would be very nice. Post the url here! Youtube ftw.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by FRDesign
I might go EMG's.

EMGs are awesome, virtually noise free, at least the 81 is
Sig space available, give me some praise
Holy christ, that thing looks huge on you... how tall are you? The ones I held weren't near as big.

And out of curiousity, how long have you been playing?
^

LOL i thought the same thing...sooo big in your arms.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Okay....so it's a pretty nice guitar (congratulations by the way), but are you honestly the one who called me a troll in the other thread??? God, that's just too funny.

My playing (2 mp3's)

Enjoy the new guitar...and don't bother putting EMG's in it...you won't notice enough difference. Just my opinion.

Dave
Quote by Y00p
Holy christ, that thing looks huge on you... how tall are you? The ones I held weren't near as big.

And out of curiousity, how long have you been playing?

I'm 5 ft 8 lol. Ive played for just over a year.
i think i remember the thread where you bought that guitar, it was just like this one. why did you trade it in? it sounded like you really liked it

also, dont you still an mg with some digitech pedal? and youve posted multiple threads about different amps, yet you still havent bought a new one?
why didnt you use the money from the guitar to put forward to a new amp?
Agile Septor 6 - flame blue: Tonezone/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG350 in black
Douglas Strat copy w/ flame red and licensed floyd: JB bridge/ProTrack neck

Bugera 333 2x12 combo jj tubes
Epiphone Valve Junior head--modified

Boss SD-1
Quote by rydaflyguy03
i think i remember the thread where you bought that guitar, it was just like this one. why did you trade it in? it sounded like you really liked it

also, dont you still an mg with some digitech pedal? and youve posted multiple threads about different amps, yet you still havent bought a new one?
why didnt you use the money from the guitar to put forward to a new amp?
I traded it to a guy on craigslist. I really didn't like the neck on the SG at all. I like thin necks like My Ibanez.

BTW, I only need $200 more for my amp, and I'm going to sell my Les Paul for $150, and My Moms going to give me $100 for my birthday, So I should be able to get it somewhat soon.
oh, nice
btw what amp are you looking into
Agile Septor 6 - flame blue: Tonezone/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG350 in black
Douglas Strat copy w/ flame red and licensed floyd: JB bridge/ProTrack neck

Bugera 333 2x12 combo jj tubes
Epiphone Valve Junior head--modified

Boss SD-1