Page 1 of 2
It started with teh pokemanz threads, and now it's consuming me. It's the weirdest thing, for the past.. I don't know... week or so, I've been feeling nostalgic a LOT.
First I think about playing Gold version and how fun that was. And then that reminds me of going into NYC (specifically Manhatten) for the very first time to check out the all new pokemon store (is that still there?), which was a ton of fun, and so on and so forth, and tons of memories come flooding back. And when I realize how many years ago that actually was, I'm speechless.

And then I can't help but think about my future, and where I'll be in a year, and then in 5 years, and how I'll end up. It's not the first time I've thought about this, but it's scary when you begin to understand for the first time that everything doesn't just "work out."

And this just leads me to other things. My grandpopz passed away in December, and just now, I'm really starting to think about it. I never thought about him as such an intricate part of my family life until I walked downstairs one night to get something, and the t.v. wasn't on, and it was quiet, and it was scary.

Is this just me being a "puss-o"? Honestly, the other day, while I was trying to fall asleep, I had "the nostalgias" so bad my stomach actually hurt a little. My dad is 50, and I realized that it seems like 2000-2005 were just one big blur. Honestly, looking back, it seemed like we sent troops into the Middle East (whatever that was, I had no idea) about 2 days after the attacks on the Twin Towers, not a year or two.

And it's actually seriously scary. So...

... my point is, how do you guys deal with nostalgia?
it'll always keep getting worse and harder until (unless) you really find what you want to do in life
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
I'm quite fixated on my future, namely in music, so my nostalgic feelings flow into that, mostly. They sometimes inspire my music, I mean. I never have any real trouble with it like you do.
We're only strays.
'Dealing' with nostalgia? Nostalgia's a good feeling.
At least, it is for me.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
How do you guys deal with nostalgia? That almost sounds like "How do you guys know which shirt goes with which purse?"

Men aren't nostalgic. Now go listen to some death metal, that'll flush the nostalgia right out.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
yay p0kemanz! i've been playing those old games a lot. classics.

not sure how to deal with it as I try to send nostalgic feelings towards music I listen to.
It does often feel as if life's going too fast but for now I've got 3 eyars of uni to look forward to. As long as they don't speed by it should be OK. I want to make sure they're as good as they can be, both for learning and for having fun.
Quote by Bornlivedie UK
I wish it was 2001 so I could sit and play Red Alert 2 all day and skip school again

Good times with the reds.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Captain Insano
When people tell me ten years ago, I think 1992-93, not 1998.

Yeah, I do this too.
In no way was the great summer of '97 11 years ago.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Quote by Mad Marius
How do you guys deal with nostalgia? That almost sounds like "How do you guys know which shirt goes with which purse?"

Men aren't nostalgic. Now go listen to some death metal, that'll flush the nostalgia right out.

Quote by rorythefaggot
Yeah, I do this too.
In no way was the great summer of '97 11 years ago.

Exactly! Am I the only one who thinks that "2015" sounds like "2000 years into the future"?
But we'll all (hopefully) be alive for that. It's not far.
Yeah, it seems like once you gratuate from highschool everything just speeds up. I think about my old house sometimes (I just moved about a year ago) -good times there. And my ex girlfriend seems to be a never-ending source of good memories that I really don't like thinking about. hah, but yeah, it is cool thinking back about all the stuff you used to be into as a kid. Kinda sad in a way though.
My shredding attracts small birds….

Love
Zelda?
Quote by Bornlivedie UK
I wish it was 2001 so I could sit and play Red Alert 2 all day and skip school again

lol I loved red alert
i always feel the same way. i miss the past, and i'm always worrying about the future and feel like i'm wasting my life. it sucks.
Quote by mz44_d
Yeah, it seems like once you gratuate from highschool everything just speeds up. I think about my old house sometimes (I just moved about a year ago) -good times there. And my ex girlfriend seems to be a never-ending source of good memories that I really don't like thinking about. hah, but yeah, it is cool thinking back about all the stuff you used to be into as a kid. Kinda sad in a way though.

+1

I think about highschool, and then I say "Dude you know you also went to middle school...." Then I think about middle school and my fascination with pokemon during and before those times. All the people I've met, the music, tv...
Quote by metaldud536
+1

I think about highschool, and then I say "Dude you know you also went to middle school...." Then I think about middle school and my fascination with pokemon during and before those times. All the people I've met, the music, tv...

The media really is what brings it all back. Then I remember the people... and...

NOSTALGIA ATTACKS.
Quote by Captain Insano
When people tell me ten years ago, I think 1992-93, not 1998.

Yea me too!! Year 2000 hardly seems that long ago and im like "what the hell have i been doing all these years!?!"
Cut off your arm. Then you'll be too busy worrying about how to cope without an arm than worrying about getting older.
Quote by smb
Cut off your arm. Then you'll be too busy worrying about how to cope without an arm than worrying about getting older.

I considered that option at one point, but decided the consequences outwiegh the benefits.
i've been thinking about that a lot lately, too. whenever i pass my elementary or middle school i wish i could go back so bad because everything just made sense. now that i'm about to go off to college and i have to start "growing up" i want to go back even more lol. a lot of music makes me feel nostalgic, too, and everything i see in my town reminds me of my ex.

most things that are nostalgic to me make me smile though
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
around 2001 was when i started getting into bands like mest and allister, and they just remind me so much of all the fun i've had over the last few years. going to the woods putting up tents and getting wasted all that kinda stuff, and i just wanna go back and do it all again.
StueyALBB
If I were to take a guess then you're around 17-18 and thinking about what to do after school, right? I wouldn't worry too much because that feeling won't hang around when you've escaped the family home and are having your own life.
is happening to me with FF7 and 8...im resisting...i already gave into my pokemon memories about a month or two ago.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Dude I know exactly what you're saying. When you're a kid, your only worry is going to school and what you've got in your lunchbox, you go round to your friend's houses in the evening and have tea and go home, no responsibilities in the world . . .

Pokemon Blue was almost a decade ago. Fuck me . . .

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
yeah always happens.Sometimes it makes me feel good, sometimes it makes me feel bad.

Like I had a big attack of it a couple months back when I was like ''**** IT'S 2008''- I kept thinking about how damn fast 04,05,06 and 07 went.04 was when I started secondary school and it's been the fastest 4 years of my life. You really do a hell of alot of growing in those years.

Well I'm only 16 now but still.....

And if I think 10 years ago I think Nirvana and grunge not nu-metal.

Edit : Alot of the time I think back to a couple of months ago and think about how god damn good it was, thinking it was better then it actually was.

I remember over Christmas I was kinda having a boring day and I thought ''In a few months I'll probably think today was awesome''. And just yesterday I did.
Last edited by Surfer Rosa at Mar 24, 2008,
yes the nostalgia is both good and bad sometimes. The time period of the 90's is what really got me because i had so much hope for myself and everything/everybody around me. Nothing worried me and life was grand. I would give almost anything to go back, these days are far to complicated and are leaving me with way more questions then answers. Where did all of those years go?
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
How 'bout this?

Super Metroid came out 14 years ago. MORE THAN A DECADE!!!

I feel old.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Mad Marius

maybe your so insecure about your own masculinety that you are afraid to actually feel feelings cause you think it will make you a homosexual
everytime I play or see a video of mario 64, it just gives me the biggest rush of nostalgia. me and my best friend used to sit and play that game for hours and hours day after day, idk why just somethin about the music and sounds to that game just take me back... anyone know somewhere I could download it for PC?
Quote by Bornlivedie UK

Yuri's Revenge FTW.
Peace.
Quote by TinPants
maybe your so insecure about your own masculinety that you are afraid to actually feel feelings cause you think it will make you a homosexual

Because, you know, there's no way that was satire.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

I just try to rook (look) towards the future. Yeah, its kinda neat to look back on all of the stuff that you used to do, but theres a time when you should just move on.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
I wish it was around 2000 when I got my first playstation 1, Final Fantasy 7 and 9 were so great back then for me.
It's been 7 years since I moved to America, it feels like it's been like 1 or 2. I hate nostalgia. =(
Page 1 of 2