Hello everyone !

I am looking to buy a new electric guitar for around £300

My style is metal but with medium-low, subtle distortion

Must have features are mahogany body, slim neck and high playability(slim neck, low action)

I am either looking at a GOOD double locking floyd rose style tremolo or a fixed bridge.

I am looking at the Ibanez RGR421EXFM and the Ibanez S320/S470 although i will consider others and will not decide for certain untill i feel them in a shop.

I dont mind the the stock pickups are rubbish, as i will swap in better pickup when i get a new amp

Current guitar is a squier strat HSS with a seymour duncan JB in the bridge position
Current amp is a Peavey Rage 158, somtimes played through headphones(crap i know, but i want to improve my playing)

Thanks in advance
Last edited by nickbob00 at Mar 24, 2008,
hey. no clue how much 300 pounds is but for $350 canadian you can get the Epiphone G-400 which is my second guitar, and I f***ing love it.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
it has a thick neck though and no tremolo system
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
epiphone g-400 would be good, i love my american hss strat for less distrotion metal, so thats another option.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'd go for the S Ibanez rather than the RG from personal experience.

Check out Schecter, see if you like.

Also check out LTD guitars, 400 series and above if you can, good range and styles, not sure how much they will be there though.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Thanks Guys

Also, just for reference £1 is roughly equal to $2.02 Canadian or $1.98 US at the moment

Im researching schecter now
The S470 is a beauty. You should be able to find some models with flame tops over there.