Hello, new here. Wondering how bad the tremelo problem is on the xiphos 6 string. I've heard this and that and everything about what a problem it is.

Now I like the guitar and I have played one. But, wondering if the tremelo is garbage. I've heard it's made of crappy metal and the edge wears down quite quick.

Please, unless you actually own it or have personal experience with it, refrain from the bashing comments. I'd like to hear from owners.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just block it off as I don't really care about tremelo that bad to use it if it's going to end up garbage.

Thanks in advance.

James
Anybody know that for a fact? That a OFR will fit? I heard not. Also, I heard that lubing the knife edges does nothing as it's metal on metal and the problem is inferiour metal on the tremelo.

??
Quote by captain_james
Anybody know that for a fact? That a OFR will fit? I heard not. Also, I heard that lubing the knife edges does nothing as it's metal on metal and the problem is inferiour metal on the tremelo.

??
Well, Metal on Metal is bad for anything. If you run a Car without oil, stuffs going to wear down and break.

So if you lube the knife edges with something like chapstick, it runs much smoother, and doesn't wear down as much. Setting it up right also helps.
You can always block the tremolo or get a tremol-no for the Edge III. The only reason I am not getting the Xiphos is because I don't really like finished necks and would prefer an OFR/more expensive guitar right off of the back.

I played the Xiphos and it was an excellent guitar for the money.
Nah, I've got a Xiphos 6 since July 2007, still playin' on it, i use the tremolo a lot when i play impro (squealies à la Dimebag Darrell, steve-vai licks, dive-bombing ...), and it still works really good, i've got no probleme with it.
The only prob i had is when i broke a string because i bended the string 2 tones with the tremolo pulled xD.
Other, u should also take care of it, like you do with your guitar.
Yeah I guess you are right about the metal on metal thing. I'm assuming by setting it up right you mean the posts are vertically the same height and the spring tension in the back is not pulling one side more than the other.
Quote by captain_james
Yeah I guess you are right about the metal on metal thing. I'm assuming by setting it up right you mean the posts are vertically the same height and the spring tension in the back is not pulling one side more than the other.
No.

Click the link in my sig.