I've never felt so stuck in my life

I've had a job for like a year now... Getting on average £60 a week. I've only JUST started saving for an amp -_-

Don't ask me where it went.. Even I don't know.. I know I bought a computer, but thats all I can think of..

Anyway. I most recently set my heart out on a PodXT Pro paired with a valve poweramp. And I still kinda am edging towards it. I'm not a gigging player, so I prefer the idea of having all those tones at my disposal for whatever use needed. I was keen on getting the FBV shortbard too so I could control it all easily (and as Wah is the only effect I truly ***** I thought it was nice to have it built in)

I have a multi-fx but I just feel like I never use it (which I haven't.. Since July last year I think. Lovely use of money there ) And I have my Cube. I'm starting to get tired of it. It's far too muddy for my liking and overall sounds fizzy when you try and get rid of the mud :/

I used to use my multi-fx's overdrive to tighten it and it sounded fantastic but again there was this massive board not going to use.

This is what puts me off the Pod/Poweramp setup. For that kinda money, will I ever use it fully?

So then I move onto just getting a tube head and a wah pedal. But I then think. I will NEVER have the ability to completely change my tone and keep the old one stored for the random time that I may wanna use it again. So I revert back to the pod setup.

It's killing me. I don't think this is really a question to be honest..

Does anyone else feel that they're not completely happy with a limit to about 4 tones (lets say a 4 channel tube head). Do you wish you had more at your disposal if you were using a pod?

I've started to really get into recording, and I feel that the pod would be a better choice for that for versatility...
Maybe the Spider Valve from Line6? It's a programmable tube amp, if you have even more money to spend look into the Hughes & Kettner Switchblade, it's an all tube amp with four channels, but you can save 128 sounds in the foot controller, with separate eq settings and all. Pretty sweet.
The PodXT Pro would be a bit much for at home use and occasional recording. You'd be better off getting a PodX3, pair it with a poweramp, and a small cab. Better yet, look into an Atomic Reactor or Tech 21 Power Engine. Those two amps are meant to be used for Pod's and similar modeling units. You'd have an amp if you were to jam with friends or an occasional gig and you'd also have the PodX3 for home recording. The PodXT Pro is nice and all, but it's overpriced. If you're set on getting the PodXT Pro, there's plenty of room on that for negotiating with your local music store.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The PodXT Pro would be a bit much for at home use and occasional recording. You'd be better off getting a PodX3, pair it with a poweramp, and a small cab. Better yet, look into an Atomic Reactor or Tech 21 Power Engine. Those two amps are meant to be used for Pod's and similar modeling units. You'd have an amp if you were to jam with friends or an occasional gig and you'd also have the PodX3 for home recording. The PodXT Pro is nice and all, but it's overpriced. If you're set on getting the PodXT Pro, there's plenty of room on that for negotiating with your local music store.

Power engine?

Never heard of it.. I was looking into atomic reactors, btu they don't do heads. I really dont wanna get a comobo as I've already got a cab.
The Tech 21 Power Engine is a combo as well. Try looking around for a Peavey 50/50 or a Mesa 20/20 if you're looking to stay fairly cheap for a nice tube poweramp.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The Tech 21 Power Engine is a combo as well. Try looking around for a Peavey 50/50 or a Mesa 20/20 if you're looking to stay fairly cheap for a nice tube poweramp.

Yeah its like... Theres never anything affordable on eBay these days... It may as well be a ****in shop -_-

I had a bid on a PodXT for £80 obviously it wouldn't go for that cheap. But it jumped up to about £190. You might as well buy it brand new for that price =/
A PodXT is still a great choice. The only thing the PodX3 has on the XT is an effects loop, dual amp function, and comes stock with all the amp models rather than buying the model packs. I've been using my PodXT for home recording for the past two years. Takes some tweaking, but it's a great tool.
the POD's decent enough, but if you're after the varying tonality and versatility of it (and if you're after something that sounds even better), why not try a tube midi preamp? Marshall JMP-1, ADA MP-1, Mesa/Boogie Triaxis...there's tons more, they sound great, and would still allow you to change up your sound if you choose to do so. Otherwise, the POD's pretty good.