Page 1 of 2
and none of the people working there(except for one)understood english.Everytime i asked the guy for a menu he kept talking to me in spanish.(and laughing for some reason)i felt like popping him,but when they finally called someone,i asked if he could speak english to this person and she said no!!!!I'm still peeved(i didn't eat there),but i eventually just walked off.(the girl there couldn't really understand much english either.Am i making a big deal out of nothing?
They probably knew English, just being spiteful or something. Did the restaurant look okay?
The people at the mexican restaurant in my town are idiots. You go there with some friends, order a churro and a shirley temple, but it takes 3 hrs of negotiation to get it right.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Depends. Did it happen in mexico?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They were probably ignoring you because you're an idiot (as evidenced by your thoughts of "popping them")

They can speak whatever the hell language they like. Of course, people can eat wherever the hell else they like.
Were you in Mexico by any chance?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
quite possibly
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I live on the border and 85%- 90% of the mexican restaraunts speak english.

Maybe they don't like you?
LARGE TEXT
Quote by smb
They were probably ignoring you because you're an idiot (as evidenced by your thoughts of "popping them")

They can speak whatever the hell language they like. Of course, people can eat wherever the hell else they like.

+1

plus it must be nice to have that much free time
*facepalm*
english or gtfo.

EDIT: this post is actually by frottage. i didn't realize i was on my brother's account.
Maybe you should pay attention in Spanish class.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Maybe you should pay attention in Spanish class.

What if we've got Quebequois relatives and decided to take French instead?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
What if we've got Quebequois relatives and decided to take French instead?

Then improvise.

Example: I want-o a menu-o, por favor.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Yes you are over reacting. And I feel you are an idiot, why the hell would you go into a mexican restaurant when you were not planning on eating there. They were ignoring you because you were being rude, they wouldn't ignore you for no reason and if they didn't speak english at all just order from the menu and dont make conversation you dont have to have a temper tantrum, just order your food and get out.
Quote by madbasslover
Well that depends. Where were you?

I was in an area which was PREDOMONANTLY mexican. The lady wasn't a bych about anything,but when i went in there they just couldn't understand what i was saying.When i walked out the door,i confronted the guy and asked him if he understood english and he said no ingles just espanol.
they need to learn english if they're in the united states.... i hate it how all of the directions to something has english and spanish. i know some spanish, but i really think if you live here, you need to learn english if only to better yourself.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
I was in Lowes today, a "Home Improvement" type store for the uninitiated. Anyway, I immediately noticed that all banners and signs were in English and Spanish. We, Americans are making it too easy for the Mexicans to make it here. I have a feeling that you would not see the same in their country. Its learn espaniol or GTFO. Why don't the signs and banners also show Deutsch, French, Greek, Romanian, Chinese, Swahili, Pidgen English (for the occasional Nigerian), etc... This country's OFFICIAL LANGUAGE is English the last time I checked. Assimilation, get some.
Quote by n2dabloo
I was in Lowes today, a "Home Improvement" type store for the uninitiated. Anyway, I immediately noticed that all banners and signs were in English and Spanish. We, Americans are making it too easy for the Mexicans to make it here. I have a feeling that you would not see the same in their country. Its learn espaniol or GTFO. Why don't the signs and banners also show Deutsch, French, Greek, Romanian, Chinese, Swahili, Pidgen English (for the occasional Nigerian), etc... This country's OFFICIAL LANGUAGE is English the last time I checked. Assimilation, get some.

if you really checked, youd realize that america has no official language

and they are in spanish because most of the day laborers that are simply looking for work are spanish
Well basically, when that happens you insult them in English. If they react, then you know they're taking the piss.
tu neccisito saber hablar espanol mi amigo. verdad?
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by nt1440
if you really checked, youd realize that america has no official language

and they are in spanish because most of the day laborers that are simply looking for work are spanish

well if they want ot come to america they should learn english. we make it to easy for them. i have no problem with mexicans. but if they want to come to america. they have to know english. thats what most people in america speak. i agree with the other guy. but he shouldnt of over reacted. if we dont want immigrants than dont make it so easy for them to have a life here. and also if they learned inglish they could get better jobs and rights. they are much harder workers than most of us americans(most) i think they are afraid of mexicans taking other peoples job that might be why they dont teach mexicans english easily. instead of making it so easy for them to have a life style. make it easy for them to learn english. and again i have nothing against mexicans. or immigrants.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
They were probably messing with you since "menu" is the same in both languages.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
yea they probably only want to serve mexicans only or something, as if anyone who works at a restaurant, anywhere in the world who wouldn't understand the word "menu"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You went to a Mexican restaurant in a predominantly mexican area and were surprised when they did not speak english?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by urbanmyth2k20
Went into a mexican restaurant today to just look at a menu...

Yeah, they probably figured that part out.

Quote by urbanmyth2k20
and none of the people working there(except for one)understood english.Everytime i asked the guy for a menu he kept talking to me in spanish.(and laughing for some reason)i felt like popping him,but when they finally called someone,i asked if he could speak english to this person and she said no!!!!I'm still peeved(i didn't eat there),but i eventually just walked off.(the girl there couldn't really understand much english either.Am i making a big deal out of nothing?

NO. It IS a big deal. You just got pwned by a bunch of restaurant workers who probably speak better english than you do. I certainly don't call that "nothing". I call that reason to hang your head in shame.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The chinese restaurants I go to have no problem not knowing english... Go in, look at the menu, point to what you want and they get it for you. Ten minute!
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by E Daws
You went to a Mexican restaurant in a predominantly mexican area and were surprised when they did not speak english?

He should be, citizens of a country should speak the common language of that country, and if they don't, learn it ASAP.

The fact that you wouldn't be surprised only shows how much more pathetic it is.
why did you go into a mexican restaurant to just look at the menu
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Si vas a el restaurante de Mexico, debes hablar Espanol! No ingles! Lo sobre piensa! Espanol es muy facil y eres muy perezoso si no lo aprendes. Aprendi espanol en ocho meses, puedes tambien!
Last edited by johnpetrucci05 at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by maidenrulz19
why did you go into a mexican restaurant to just look at the menu

Why did you make a post just to ask that question?

(answer: because you wanted information)
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Page 1 of 2