I woke up in a cold sweat and was absolutely frantic as to what I had just experienced in this horrible excuse for a dream. I dreamt that I had gotten a really expensive neck-thru guitar and that the neck warped and then proceeded to somehow break while I was playing it with an unimaginable force that would rival God's. Now neck-thru guitars are ruined for me and I want a bolt-on.
): To you sir, ):
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
how sad i love my neck-through KKV and rr5
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
That would be very hard to do unless you sat on it or it was an ungodly thin neck
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I dreampt last night that two of my guitars were stolen
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by Teh GIR
That would be very hard to do unless you sat on it or it was an ungodly thin neck

I'm still freaking out about it for some odd reason. I think it's moreso the neck warping in the dream that freaks me out. I am sort of taking it as an omen to stay away from neck-thrus right now.
neckthrus are definitely a bitch... bolt on's can have all the benefits if done correctly and be easily replaced if tragedy should strike
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by COBHC_Slayer
how sad i love my neck-through KKV and rr5

Pics or you dont own them!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Neck throughs are the best for me. If I dont have to use bolt on neckthrough by far. The reason I say If I dont have to is because in the case of strats I have to go bolt on for thats my only choice and strats are cool.
I dreamt that I was best friends with Mikael Akerfeldt...
then I woke up and realised I'm not...

So, yeah, but I would hate to be playing my BCR and just see the neck go crunch... *shudder*
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I currently have 2 Jackson neck-thru Soloists and I prefer them over any bolt-on including my all access neck joint JEM. It feels better in the upper registers and has better sustain.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
i swear to god that about a week before my first ever trip to guitar center (i had been playing about 2 months) i had a very similar dream that when i picked up a guitar i couldnt afford, it sumhow snapped rather violently and horribly maimed my hands =(
Quote by nt1440
i swear to god that about a week before my first ever trip to guitar center (i had been playing about 2 months) i had a very similar dream that when i picked up a guitar i couldnt afford, it sumhow snapped rather violently and horribly maimed my hands =(

It's a tragic feeling.
Quote by robsayswhat
It's a tragic feeling.

yes it is, i woke up in a cold sweat, my hands shaking, and i screamed into the night

"KAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!"

then i got over and played guitar for another 2 years until the present
I just had a nasty dream recently where I was at this huge mansion and there was a mega music party going on. All sorts of different musicians were there. I had given my kid my SG to stow away in a safe place until it was my turn to play, and when I went to get it, it had been stolen. I was running around searching for my guitar and my kid, when out of my dream the phone rang, waking me up. I was pissed off big time, and here it's my kid, waking me up at 5 am and right away what do I do? Start bitching at him "where the **** is my guitar!!!" hahaha....Poor guy didn't know what hit him. All he wanted to know was how to cook a turkey. AT 5 IN THE MORNING!!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!!!!!
I never really got to understand what it meant to have a warped neck, i just thought it was like in super Mario where you had these warp pipes where you could teleport and take a shortcut to save princess Peach from Bowser much faster.
Quote by Ergin
I never really got to understand what it meant to have a warped neck, i just thought it was like in super Mario where you had these warp pipes where you could teleport and take a shortcut to save princess Peach from Bowser much faster.

A warp neck is when the neck basically corkscrews, leaving nasty fret buzz and ultra high action on parts of the guitar.
Ouch, sounds like ****, so it's only for neck tru's? I got a bolt on-
Quote by nt1440
yes it is, i woke up in a cold sweat, my hands shaking, and i screamed into the night

"KAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!"

then i got over and played guitar for another 2 years until the present

this made me spit cereal out of my mouth.
Quote by Ergin
Ouch, sounds like ****, so it's only for neck tru's? I got a bolt on-

Can happen to bolt-ons too.
I have one neck-through, two set necks and two bolt-ons. With all three designs you get good necks and bad necks. A decent truss-rod and solid join and your guitar will outlast you, whichever type, provided you treat it well.
Seeing all the horror stories about gibsons and epiphones that broke at the headstock makes me fear for my G-400's safety. Not so much my cheap LP junior, because its a bolt-on... and it was cheap. takes me 3 weeks to be able to afford one.

Ever have those dreams where you buy your dream guitar, the go home and plug it in, then just as you're about to start playing it, you wake up?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.