So, Ive been playing the genz benz g-flex with my 6505+ for about a month now, and i love it to death, but im wondering, how would the g-flex do with a less metal type amp? I was thinking maybe picking up a used tiny terror head to play around with cleans on my strat, as im selling my fender cybertwin soon. Would this be a bad idea, since it is a closed back, ported cab? My other option is just going for the orange 1x12. What do you think?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The cab will do cleans, but you probably won't get a good feel for them with the Tiny Terror. If you really want to play around with cleans, look for a vintage Fender head. Or Traynor. Or maybe a Peavey Classic 30.

If you got tired of your 6505, a JSX or Mesa of some sort could give you cleans and teh br00talz all in one head.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The cab will do cleans, but you probably won't get a good feel for them with the Tiny Terror. If you really want to play around with cleans, look for a vintage Fender head. Or Traynor. Or maybe a Peavey Classic 30.

If you got tired of your 6505, a JSX or Mesa of some sort could give you cleans and teh br00talz all in one head.

Well im definitley not done with 6505..seeing as i just got it, and fell in love!

The tiny terror wouldnt be all cleans though. I have my main rig in my guest house becuase thats where i can play loud, so i want an in room small amp that has some versatility. looking around on youtube i saw that it can do a few different styles, from cleans to dirtier classic rock stuff, which im looking for.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
A Triple XXX would have better distortion than the JSX, despite compromised cleans, if you wanna stay with Peavy. the cleans, however, could be souped up some with a reverb pedal and/or a sonic maximizer.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
A Triple XXX would have better distortion than the JSX, despite compromised cleans, if you wanna stay with Peavy. the cleans, however, could be souped up some with a reverb pedal and/or a sonic maximizer.

Im not looking for a big expensive 120w head. The tiny terror is cheap, but still quality, which is what intrests me. this is more of a bedroom amp
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
bump
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Shinozoku

im gonna have to disagree with you about the distortion but i guess thats just my opinion
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
...anyways, back on topic. Should i opt for the 1x12 or just stick with my g-flex. The 1x12 is a good price too, only around 350$
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'd just stick with it. The only way the cab is going to make your cleans sound bad is if the speakers are low wattage and break up quickly. Otherwise a cab effects the clean sound minimally.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com