Is there a way that you can turn a regular guitar into a flamenco sounding one?

Like is there a tuning i can use or maybe a certain place to put a capo. any help whould be nice and please don't tell me that i can just shred minors because i already know that you can get a spanish sound out of that.
Quote by aetherspear
Yes, just paint it pink and stand it on one leg.

derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Phrygian mode. Play it. Often. There are also some chords, but I can't think of them atm. I'll brb. I'll look because I have it written down somewhere.

ok, I just looked and all I had written down was Ab/G so just play chords like that. Basically it'd look like a barre chord except you would move the bottom part of the chord (the fingers not barring) up a half step. It looks like a stretched out barre chord.
Last edited by eds1275 at Mar 24, 2008,
Tap the guitar and play spanish chords, then itll sound flamenco
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by aetherspear
Yes, just paint it pink and stand it on one leg.

You seriously just made my day..that was awewsome LOL
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
alright you ideally would need a flamenco guitar, which is similar to a classical nylon string guitar but with a lighter top to give it a snappier sound. learn rasquiados and how to play with your fingers.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
k thanks for the help and if you know any admins tell them to shut down this thread