if it turns out that getting my randall is way too much hassel i'm just selling it for $800 and shopping for a new tube combo.

SPECS:

1. Tube
2. Combo
3. NO MORE than 50 watts, i dont need any more than that!!
4. MUST have at least two channels
5. cleans must be nice, dont have to be great but can't be sh!tty.
6. gain must be able to hard rock or more modern rock hi gain stuff on it's own.
7. would be a huge plus if it could handle HEAVY metal decently
8. seperate EQs for both channels and master volume
9. CAN'T be over $800

really that shouldn't be too limiting. i'm almost setting myself on getting a JCM800 but i'm under the impression they won't do any metal . i like doing drop C occasionally and throwing out some really death-like metal for sake of jamming w/ variety of friends.

thanx all
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I doubt you'd get that much for the RM.

I'd say go Carvin V3.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
it retails for $1400 w/o tax new so i think i can. lights all come on the only problem is that when it's switched from standby to play it blows the fuse. shop said the switch is prolly faulty and gave me number to a tech repair like 3 or 4 hours away. i can already tell this thing gettin fixed will take a month or more...just have that feeling.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
it retails for $1400 w/o tax new so i think i can. lights all come on the only problem is that when it's switched from standby to play it blows the fuse. shop said the switch is prolly faulty and gave me number to a tech repair like 3 or 4 hours away. i can already tell this thing gettin fixed will take a month or more...just have that feeling.

Innit discontinued? Do they really retail for that much? I've seen them go for much less in the stores around here.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yea im not kiddin just the amp housing alone is $1000. the individual modules are $200-$210 a piece.

google it, eBay it, they're pretty pricey.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yea im not kiddin just the amp housing alone is $1000. the individual modules are $200-$210 a piece.

google it, eBay it, they're pretty pricey.

Well according to ebay, the 100 watt head with 2 modules is 1,099 so I doubt the 50 watt combo would be more than that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
no offense man but go re-read it. USED could possibly be that, but im sure that it'll tell you that the amp is NOT LOADED. meaning the modules are NOT included. pretty much means you dont have any preamps.

i'm not tryin to bash ya tho i appreciate ya takin time just to look at this stuff.

but are there any suggestions other than the V3?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
no offense man but go re-read it. USED could possibly be that, but im sure that it'll tell you that the amp is NOT LOADED. meaning the modules are NOT included. pretty much means you dont have any preamps.

i'm not tryin to bash ya tho i appreciate ya takin time just to look at this stuff.

but are there any suggestions other than the V3?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RANDALL-RM100-M-MTS-Tube-Modeling-Amp-Head_W0QQitemZ290217036444QQihZ019QQcategoryZ121161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's new and I think it comes with one module.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
"The modules aren't included, but EMail me about the special I have on them. Click here for the list of available modules. They run approximately $189 and are available through my EBay store. I'll EVEN SHIP IN THE US FOR FREE. Please EMail w/ any questions. Thanks.".

it's near the bottom.

haha you put up a good fight
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
"The modules aren't included, but EMail me about the special I have on them. Click here for the list of available modules. They run approximately $189 and are available through my EBay store. I'll EVEN SHIP IN THE US FOR FREE. Please EMail w/ any questions. Thanks.".

it's near the bottom.

haha you put up a good fight

Well still. It's 1000 bucks for the 100 watt head, the 50 watt combo which holds what? 2 modules? Isn't going to cost more, even with the modules loaded.

Here's my point.

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listID=104533731
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i get what ur saying. but that's unloaded, they wouldn't sell that combo w/ two modules ($200 a piece is NOT cheap) for that low.

so 800 wont be unreasonable for anyone not afraid to open an amp. it'll be a damn steal
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i get what ur saying. but that's unloaded, they wouldn't sell that combo w/ two modules ($200 a piece is NOT cheap) for that low.

so 800 wont be unreasonable for anyone not afraid to open an amp. it'll be a damn steal

Seems pretty loaded to me from the pictures listed.

But whatever, if you can get that much for it, more power to you bro.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster