Page 1 of 4
Im watching Passion of the Christ on Channel 4. What a load of anti semitic bollocks.

Who has has seen it, and what do you think of it?
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by DanRev
It could do with a car chase and some explosions.

The Passion 2 : Crucify This! ( obscure family guy reference)
We just had a thread on this like an hour ago.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

I've got it on dvd.
But, i've never watched it.
it still remains un-open for 3 years.

well, mel gbson was known to have slightly extremist views of the jewish sanhedrin wasnt he?
Quote by theneildeal
Im watching Passion of the Christ on Channel 4. What a load of anti semitic bollocks.

Who has has seen it, and what do you think of it?

anti semitic huh? been reading into much media propaganda?

hate to break it to you but the JEWS KILLED JESUS.

whether or not you believe in jesus, religion, etc, that just how the story goes.

maybe we should be pissed about the movie pearl harbor because its anti japanese?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
well, its 3 hours of my life that ill never get back. what a waste of time
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by Mike!

lol
Quote by The Madcap
It's okay, but I can probably find a better movie about Christ.

i.e the last temptation of christ
the film would help if it was on bloody english
Sigs Are For Pussies
All these movies with inexplicabley white Jesuses

It'd be cool to have just one good film about Jesus from an atheists perspective. Jesus the revolutionary! Jesus the Marxist! Jesus without having his legend corrupted by religion and religious politics.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by DanRev
i.e the last temptation of christ

is that the one where he had secks?
I consider myself a fairly religious person, and I went to go see it when it came out. I was floored at the amount on people who criticized it as if it were just another movie. To people like me, it really put in perspective, that is if Jesus DID suffer (which I believe he did), how much he had to endure. I thought it was a deeply moving EXPERIENCE as opposed to form of ENTERTAIMENT.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
anti semitic huh? been reading into much media propaganda?

hate to break it to you but the JEWS KILLED JESUS.

whether or not you believe in jesus, religion, etc, that just how the story goes.

maybe we should be pissed about the movie pearl harbor because its anti japanese?

^ and I second this. Don't have anything against the Jews, but the Jews of that time period did indeed kill the J-man.
^ and I second this. Don't have anything against the Jews, but the Jews of that time period did indeed kill the J-man.

Or the people who did just happened to be Jewish, 'cause you know- near everyone was there and then.
Quote by aaron13
the bit near the end where one of the men being crucified starts praising jesus whilst the other one laughs is ridiculous. Because he laughs, a crow pecks his eyes???? Also, as jesus dies, there's an earthquake?? Its just ridiculous.

To Nolaureltree, i am aware that jews killed jesus. that's not why i think that its anti semitic. Its just the way that the jews were portrayed to be consistently demanding that he be crucified, whilst the romans didn't want it, the way that the jews torture him and so forth. The bible doesn't say that, so why would Gibson portray the jews like that??? Also, i don't need to read the media propaganda about this film. Its obvious to anyone who watches this that Gibson has put his anti semitic feelings into the film.
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by theneildeal
the bit near the end where one of the men being crucified starts praising jesus whilst the other one laughs is ridiculous. Because he laughs, a crow pecks his eyes???? Also, as jesus dies, there's an earthquake?? Its just ridiculous.

That's straight out of the Bible, ridiculous or not, whether you believe in it or not.

Also, if people want to take the angle of it being a book turned movie, it's fairly accurate.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
Quote by theneildeal

To Nolaureltree, i am aware that jews killed jesus. that's not why i think that its anti semitic. Its just the way that the jews were portrayed to be consistently demanding that he be crucified, whilst the romans didn't want it, the way that the jews torture him and so forth. The bible doesn't say that, so why would Gibson portray the jews like that??? Also, i don't need to read the media propaganda about this film. Its obvious to anyone who watches this that Gibson has put his anti semitic feelings into the film.

jews:troublemakers

(in the eyes of gibson)
Quote by Hobolad
Or the people who did just happened to be Jewish, 'cause you know- near everyone was there and then.

So were they not Jews? And did they not put Jesus to death? I agree that the Jews of today had nothing to do with this, and hey, hindsight is 20/20, but yes, it was the Jews shouting "Crucify him! Crucify him!" when Pontius turned Him over to them. It was the Jewish high priests criticizing Him for offending the Jewish religion.
I think it should ended like
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
it's a snuff film WITH JESUS! seriously, while a well done movie, the script and concept totally sucked.

and it needed more nudity.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
So were they not Jews? And did they not put Jesus to death? I agree that the Jews of today had nothing to do with this, and hey, hindsight is 20/20, but yes, it was the Jews shouting "Crucify him! Crucify him!" when Pontius turned Him over to them. It was the Jewish high priests criticizing Him for offending the Jewish religion.

So what if they were, it's irrelevant. Had any other religion been the major one at that time in that place it would have been no different- considering he was a convicted criminal and that's largely what people saw him as back then. Like if someone killed for heresy a couple'a hundred years back became the figrehead of a massive religion, it wouldn't be fair to say "Christians killed him/her".

It's like those goths that killed that lass. Would it be fair to say "It was metalheads that killed this girl" and focus in on that point?
Quote by aaron13
Quote by theneildeal

well, this comes straight from luke 23

1Then the whole assembly rose and led him off to Pilate. 2And they began to accuse him, saying, "We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Christ,[a] a king."

3So Pilate asked Jesus, "Are you the king of the Jews?"
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.

4Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, "I find no basis for a charge against this man."

5But they insisted, "He stirs up the people all over Judeaby his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here."

a little research maybe next time before you start ranting? five minutes on google worked for me.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I don't even see why it matters who killed Jesus, I mean in order for Christianity to work Jesus had to be sacrificed, so wouldn't killing Jesus ultimately have been a good thing from a Christian perspective?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm beginning to rather dislike Channel 4's sensationalism. Sometimes it's amusing and thought provoking, but most of the time it's just manipulated statistics and outright trolling.

I mean god damn it, that episode of Dispatches about supermarket labelling; that show was the TV equivalent of a PROVE ME WRONG thread on /x/.
The thing is the passion was a primative piece of medievel theatre used to whip up fervour and anti-semitism it has no basis in rational religion.
Quote by Hobolad
So what if they were, it's irrelevant. Had any other religion been the major one at that time in that place it would have been no different- considering he was a convicted criminal and that's largely what people saw him as back then. Like if someone killed for heresy a couple'a hundred years back became the figrehead of a massive religion, it wouldn't be fair to say "Christians killed him/her".

It's like those goths that killed that lass. Would it be fair to say "It was metalheads that killed this girl" and focus in on that point?

If it was any other religion, the world would then blame (I use this term loosely) that religion, would they not? When I say that Jews killed Jesus, I don't mean THE Jews, as in a generalization of the religion, I am saying that the people who killed Jesus were indeed Jewish. I don't see how it is irrelevant that they were Jewish, because they (meaning all the Jews present, not Jews across all time periods and countries) were all united under under their religion with the goal of killing Jesus because He had offended their religion (Judaism) and its beliefs. And Jesus was NOT a convicted criminal. He was sent to Pontius Pilate, who said he "found no guilt in this man," and I do believe He was even sent to Herod II or something like that, or another high ranking official of that time, and was also found innocent there. It was when Pontius handed Him over to the Jews (once again I am referring to ONLY the Jews present), it was that group of Jews who took Him to Calvery and crucified him. And I, as a Christian, would be totally fine with the statement above. If the people who killed the figurehead were christians, and united to kill him in defense of their religion, then by golly, I'd say that it was christians who killed him. I'm not saying ALL christians should be blamed for this, just that certain group involved with the incident. It's like whites and blacks in America. Its a cryin' shame, but yes, whites segregated and abused blacks. The group of people who abused blacks didn't just "happen to be white." And almost every white person today won't deny that their race abused blacks throughout the history of America. Of course no one would even think of doing that today, and it wasn't all whites of the time, but it was a select group of whites, uniting under their race, to try to control a race they believed inferior to theirs.

Wooh, that was a big one, and I feel like I'm going to regret it somehow...
Well with that new list of 7 deadly sins, maybe they'll have to redo the whole thing.

The Passion of the Christ: Reloaded.
well, i don't believe that the gruesome details of his death are a necessary extension of the story. the point was what he died for, not how. i'm not a believer, this is just from a literary standpoint.
Quote by Moose1309
I consider myself a fairly religious person, and I went to go see it when it came out. I was floored at the amount on people who criticized it as if it were just another movie. To people like me, it really put in perspective, that is if Jesus DID suffer (which I believe he did), how much he had to endure. I thought it was a deeply moving EXPERIENCE as opposed to form of ENTERTAIMENT.

I think their intent was to make the viewer suffer, like Jesus!
sup?
Quote by Mike!

Not that obscure... but, I agree.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Page 1 of 4