Ok so I've made a couple threads before regarding getting a new guitar, and I've changed my mind time and time again. Now I've finally got the money, I'm stuck between the Ibanez RG1570 and Jackson RR24. I'm not sure which one to get and would be greatful for some help. My musical style is generally metal (Children of Bodom etc.) and modern rock (CKY etc.).

Jackson RR24:
It has an official floyd and a very nice shape and good looking guitar and I've always really wanted a V guitar but there are a few things stopping me with this one. It has one pickup, the neck is supposed to be fat (hopefully I will get to decide myself before totally committing to either), its awkward to play both sitting and standing (I have my guitar at about waist height usually which looks stupid for V's), its also harder to do stage tricks like bitch flips.

Ibanez RG1570:
The guitar is obviously more versatile with more pickups and the shape means its a lot easier to play sitting and standing and easier to do bitch flips etc. However, the pickups aren't very good and I don't know if I'd want to waste more money swapping them (although it is cheaper than the RR24 so it could be a possibility), I had an encore strat before and I didn't like the shape (dunno if the ibby is any different).

Sorry for sounding like a bit of a pretentious prick here but I'm just looking for some insight into both of these guitars
i personally love the jackson

its all about preference tho, so try b4 u buy
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Yeah, I will hopefully be able to try both in a couple of weeks, I would just like to hear some other peoples opinions on these guitars so I have a slight idea of which I'd prefer before I go so I'm not standing there deciding like an idiot lol.
RR24 is an awesome guitar "fat neck" where the hell did you hear that???
it really is great really nice to play and really well built (or at least mine was) and looks the part too.
it is a lead guitar though so i'd keep that in mind, ideal for playing COB kinda stuff like =]
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
The neck on the RR24 (if the profile is anything like a Soloist) will most likely be fatter than the one on the RG but they are both fast. If it will be your only guitar get the Ibanez. If you'll have more than one get the RR24...that way it won't be that bad putting up with its shape.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Last edited by isaac311 at Mar 25, 2008,
Quote by isaac311
The neck on the RR24 (if the profile is anything like a Soloist) will most likely be fatter than the one on the RG but they are both fast. If it will be your only guitar get the Ibanez. If you'll have more than one get the RR24...that way it won't be that bad putting up with its shape.

+1 if its the only guitar he'll be using.
the necks like the Soloist, which IMO is nicer then the RG but thats just me, as I find most RG necks too thin! where Jackson neck seem to me, to be the right fit not to thin but still really fast and comfortable =]
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I would just like to hear some other peoples opinions on these guitars so I have a slight idea of which I'd prefer before I go so I'm not standing there deciding like an idiot lol.
You have it exactly backwards. You'd be an idiot to listen to our preferences rather than your own. Here is my best advice:

Find a place with each of these guitars to try out, and you also might try another alongside them like a Schecter Hellraiser, a Music Man Luke, or an Ibanez S model. Play the same simple licks through the same amp on each guitar. Try all these guitars through at least one good tube amp, one good solid state amp, and one as similar as possible to what you'll be using in real life. Spend at least two hours at this. After all, you'll be living with your choice for a long time to come. Make the right one.
Quote by ohshait
Well at least you can do bitch flips with the Ibanez.

Obviously the Ibanez is the better choice because of the bitch flipping ability. I've heard that Ibanez's have the best bitch flipping tone.
i dont see why everyone has such a problem sitting with a V...i find it extremely comfortable lol.

standing is about the same...and they look killer.

the one pup on the rr24 kept me away tho...i like versatility i guess
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels