Me and this girl have been friends for about 4 months and we started getting a lot closer. I really liked her and still do. I also really cared about her more than any other guy would and I decided to ask her out. She recently got out of a bad relationship and told me she wasn't ready for another one just yet. I said it was fine. I told her how I felt and we kept on talking. I CAN'T stop thinking about her. She has my heart. She won't get out of my head. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried not talking to her but it doesn't help. Do you guys have any suggestions how to help get my mind off of her. By the way I'm a freshman in high school.

EDIT: Its not exactly a relationship so i didn't know if it belonged in the relationship thread

EDIT: I freaked her out when I told her how I felt and then I did something stupid(cut myself for her) she knows about it. I told her I will never do it again
Last edited by Hawk112 at Mar 24, 2008,
Stop freaking bothering her until she's ready.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
if you need help i will help you brother but im way too read your wall of text so...cool thouh, il iked the title
Quote by Hawk112
She likes it when I hold her hand and things but she is confusing me so much.

so hold her friggin hand and bite the bit until she's ready you doof

stay close to her or you WILL lose her you dumbass

good luck
just wait
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Try the Relationship thread. It's a sticky .
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Claw your face open with a rake.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
its not exactly a relationship so i didnt know if it belongs in the relationship thread
but above all BE HAPPY its almsot spring and the flower will grow and it will be ****ing cool ,man. jsut keep holding the chicks hand untill you can get farther. hold her hand with your penis too if possible.
You're a freshman in highschool. You do not know what love is.

You probably aren't going to listen (nobody ever does) but you are infinitely better off forgetting about any idea of being in love or needing her or getting anything more out of this friendship than you already have. Most people of age have been through something similar and most will tell you it's not worth it.

You're already in the friend zone. Even if you did go out with her, have a relationship, whatever, it'd be relatively short and both of you would end up getting hurt.

Seriously, if you want to do the best thing for you emotional life, stay single until you get out of highschool. Probably a lot of people will disagree with me about that one but I've seen so many people **** up their lives over highschool relationships that don't mean ANYTHING in the grand scheme of things.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Take initiative.
Relax with her alone like a movie on the couch at home while you hold her
and give her a kiss on the forehead and soon after on the lips.

Sensual Seduction my friend.
Slowly, but surely.

Otherwise I suggest an orgy with you, her, her hottest friend, - her.
Dude, im in the same position as you, just wait until shes ready.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Schneiderman
You do not know what love is

You just do as your told. Plus, true love waits.
Quote by masterk1818
I'm a dude....but I do have anal leakage sometimes if that means anything?
Quote by Schneiderman

You probably aren't going to listen (nobody ever does) but you are infinitely better off forgetting about any idea of being in love or needing her or getting anything more out of this friendship than you already have. Most people of age have been through something similar and most will tell you it's not worth it.

You're already in the friend zone. Even if you did go out with her, have a relationship, whatever, it'd be relatively short and both of you would end up getting hurt.

Seriously, if you want to do the best thing for you emotional life, stay single until you get out of highschool. Probably a lot of people will disagree with me about that one but I've seen so many people **** up their lives over highschool relationships that don't mean ANYTHING in the grand scheme of things.

Bravo. Consider yourself +1'ed.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Schneiderman

Actually, +1 to that...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by sgtpepperz
You just do as your told. Plus, true love waits.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. What I will say is that I have dealt more with this subject from more perspectives and both in more quantity and with more intensity than most people I've ever known. I have seen people destroy themselves, and others, because they think they find love in situations like this.

True love doesn't wait for you in 9th grade.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

I wouldn't want high school relationships to stop happening, personally, because as a cynical voyeurist, watching their self-destructive nature makes me satisfied no end.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Quote by Hawk112
i cut myself for her

Get professional help now. I'd call you a dumbass but that would be insensitive of me. Oh wait....

You have serious problems that need addressing before you become part of the 99% of the teenage population that develop a hugely skewed perception of reality and end up leading miserable lives.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by Hawk112
i cut myself for her

Now honestly, what did you expect to gain from that?
Quote by Hawk112
i cut myself for her

Way to creep her out. Loser.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Way to creep her out. Loser.

I know I freaked her out and I regret it so much
I wish I could turn back time and make everything ok again
All i want is for her to be happy
/called it
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by Hawk112

Definitely continue cutting yourself. Chicks love that.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by Schneiderman
True love doesn't wait for you in 9th grade.

It was a White Stripes and a Radiohead reference in one sentence.

Quote by Hawk112

Well what I'd do is stop freaking out so much, you're only in 9th grade. Cutting yourself solves nothing and bugging her about it just freaks her out and makes her feel uncomfortable.

You need to chill out for now.
Quote by masterk1818
I'm a dude....but I do have anal leakage sometimes if that means anything?
People say I'm wrong, but I wholeheartedly feel that there is absolutely no acceptable reason to cut yourself. Honestly, how did you think that was going to help?
Quote by Hawk112
i cut myself for her

Ok man, calm down, and just let it go. You don't want to do that. A girl in the ninth grade is SO not worth your life. Im in the same position, you don't see me cutting my wrists do you?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

rape her. then shell see the error in her ways
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
wtf is the point of cutting? grow up, now

"oh im a little upset that i cant get this girl (i cant get a certain girl now either, it sucks terribly) i no what will make everthing better, sharp things!"

wtf is the point, and if its the adrenaline, watch a ****in horror movie or go and work out
If you really want her, first do the little things you do with her, then it will cum together...
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
lol at the title of the thread....

that you do TS that you do.....

that "help" will come in the form of maturity
ur getting ahead of urself man. chill out. its okay to think about her all the time. u know. whats wrong with thinking? keep hanging out. if she gives u all the right signals then do something about it. if u dont know what signals she gives u, then man up and ask her how she feels and let her know how u feel. well ask her if she is ready for a relationship too along with that.

by doing all that u will discover wonders. just dont rush. trust me. rush never works, happens with me all the time.
I <3 Rock Mushik
Quote by Schneiderman

I'd hate to go philosophical, but it's hard to say that he doesn't know what love is when "Love" isn't something you can define and leave it as that, or actually, maybe it makes it easier to say it

I'll shut up now....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
ok, I'm 14, (although I go to community college yay for being homeschooled most of my life) but I can tell you right now that cutting yourself? bad idea. get some help on that whole thing, cutting doesn't show devotion, it shows psychotic tendencies. chill out, and just wait to see what happens.
seriously now. stop with the cutting. its not cool.
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
First off, a really obnoxious and girly AW! that I'm ashamed ever came out of my mouth, to everything but the whole cutting thing. Take it from me, girls don't like to think of you mutilating yourself while a picture of them is floating around in your head.

Secondly, don't listen to those people that tell you don't know what love is. Only you know if you know what love is, and it is nice to know that you are in love, even if you can't tell anybody, or it is a one-sided deal.

Thirdly, just wait and she'll come around. This isn't some stupid show where your most logical choice would be to "bang" (or insert some other smutty, stupid guy option here) her now when she's vulnerable just to see what it would be like and to let her know what her options are. You'll most likely end up getting the girl, if you just wait. it. out.
very, very slowly. wait for her to be ready, but dont wait too long either. try slightly increasing how physically close you are every time your together. go from holding her hand to having your arm around her (not at school! pda = creepy especially if shes just getting over someone). if your standing or sitting somewhere get a little closer very time. and i mean a very little. but most of all pay attention to her, when shes ready shell let you know. good luck