Poll: Could you kill someone?
Poll Options
View poll results: Could you kill someone?
Yes
199 51%
No
98 25%
I don't know
91 23%
Voters: 388.
Page 1 of 4
I was discussing this with a friend just now and it got me wondering, could you deal with the consequences with ending someones life for whatever reason? I'm talking about dealing with emotional trauma or punishment by the law. It could be for any reason, self-defense, anger or lulz.

I could probably stand killing a few people if they truly deserved it.
i could do it emotionaly, but i doubt id be able to deal with the prison time
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
At the time being, yes, but I wouldn't do it if I stop and think about the consequences.
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
unless there were something mentally wrong with you or it was revenge no-one could kill someone else
Sigs Are For Pussies
I'm gonna say no, but it's not something you can really know I don't think- 'til it's right at the moment. Like in "Crime and Punishment" where Raskolnikov doesn't think he can do it, just plans it out as a sort of exercise to see how far he'd go- and then does.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I don't think I'd be emotionally scarred or really guilty or anything, I could just never bring myself to do it.
I put little value on the lives of a lot of people I know, so maybe.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by prison sex
i could do it emotionaly, but i doubt id be able to deal with the prison time

the irony huh?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Probably not if i had to deal with the consequences. I would probably hurt them really bad but not bad enough to go to prison. If i had to kill someone, it would be more than one person, and i would kill myself after.

Edit: Well i wouldn't kill myself right after. I would probably drag them back to my lair and devour their souls but if the cops were knocking at my door and about to run in and shoot me, i would then commit suicide.
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
Last edited by Sw00t at Mar 24, 2008,
Matters who the somebody is and what they've done to me or my family.
Quote by smb
I could kill people who make stupid threads without searching.

Really now? I searched and couldn't find shit.
Police officers, lawyers,judges, they'd all get it happily
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Hobolad
I'm gonna say no, but it's not something you can really know I don't think- 'til it's right at the moment. Like in "Crime and Punishment" where Raskolnikov doesn't think he can do it, just plans it out as a sort of exercise to see how far he'd go- and then does.

1. that was a book, so no one, not even I, could use it as support
2. he was able to go through with it, so it supports my argument that anyone can bring themselves to kill someone.
Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, I shot a man in Reno.

Just to watch him die?

How cruel.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
2. he was able to go through with it, so it supports my argument that anyone can bring themselves to kill someone.

Not everyone has it in them. Some people are just pussies, they wont kill no matter the reason.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid

Not trying to use it as support, just to communicate what I mean. And I don't think anyone would kill someone- some would rather die themselves. But as I said, I don't think it's possible to know for certain until you're there.

EDIT: By "anyone" I guess I mean "everyone"- it makes sense if you read it how I imagined it but not if you read it like "I don't think anyone would kill someone." You know what I mean
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Last edited by Hobolad at Mar 24, 2008,
Quote by DanRev
Just to watch him die?

How cruel.

I wanted to test out that thing about blinking after you're dead, it's totally true.
self defence? hell yes.

cold blood? I don't think so but sometimes I'm not too sure.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'm a psychopath. I've had thoughts along the lines of "I could probably kill so-and-so with this weapon and they would never figure out what it was. I could bury it on someone else's land, all while having a script on my MSN talk to my friends so that I have an alibi.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I'm a psychopath. I've had thoughts along the lines of "I could probably kill so-and-so with this weapon and they would never figure out what it was. I could bury it on someone else's land, all while having a script on my MSN talk to my friends so that I have an alibi.

Awesome man, just make sure their dicks, and burn the bodies or dump it in the sea PROPERLY WEIGHTED or ull get caught
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Yeah, because when I'm pushed, killings as easy as breathing.

I think everyone should vote yes. It may not seem sensible now, or ever, but we are human and it is in our nature to kill. I'm sure under extreme circumstances, all of us would be able to take life, even if it contradicted every moral we have.
Quote by bob farrell
Not everyone has it in them. Some people are just pussies, they wont kill no matter the reason.

I wouldn't insult people that can't kill it is actually a good trait it means they value human life.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

several flaws in the plan.

1. they don't need to know what weapon it was specifically. if they have other physical evidence, you'd be screwed.

2. nobody notices freshly disturbed ground on their land digs it up to find a bloody object and then phones the police. Unless you're talking about a huge estate and then that would narrow down the amount of suspects the police would have as rural areas have lower populations.

3. no script can emulate a human realistically. if you're friends are going to give you an alibi, they'll almost certainly bring up the fact that you were acting weird. if you want them to lie, you don't need the script and if you plan on giving them the convo logs they'll be suspicious when the responses are completely retarded. not to mention that MSN is not secure enough to be considered a solid alibi. It can be anyone on the other end pretending to be you.

so basically you'd get caught.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by tayroar
I wouldn't insult people that can't kill it is actually a good trait it means they value human life.

It means their unable to see that sum people need to die. People who say they are unable to ever kill anyone ever, are an embarassment, and some day they cud prove a liability
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by tayroar
I wouldn't insult people that can't kill in cold blood it is actually a good trait it means they value human life.

fixed.

a person who'll sit back and get killed rather than fight back lacks the survival instinct which, even in this day and age, is necessary.

Quote by element4433
Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, I shot a man in Reno.

Now I have "Friend of the Devil" stuck in my head.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
several flaws in the plan.

1. they don't need to know what weapon it was specifically. if they have other physical evidence, you'd be screwed.

2. nobody notices freshly disturbed ground on their land digs it up to find a bloody object and then phones the police. Unless you're talking about a huge estate and then that would narrow down the amount of suspects the police would have as rural areas have lower populations.

3. no script can emulate a human realistically. if you're friends are going to give you an alibi, they'll almost certainly bring up the fact that you were acting weird. if you want them to lie, you don't need the script and if you plan on giving them the convo logs they'll be suspicious when the responses are completely retarded. not to mention that MSN is not secure enough to be considered a solid alibi. It can be anyone on the other end pretending to be you.

so basically you'd get caught.

Small-town ND. Farms. Corners of pastures. Problem solved.

As for Physical Evidence: Hairnet, latex gloves, shoes 2 sizes too small (freshly bought from a store in a town an hour away), and ultra-care taken around body.

Then gather up all items used in murder, burn whats flammable, bury what's not. Place rock over where fresh dirt is. Problem solved.

As for body disposal, no need. The murder weapon is pretty funky and could probably never me ID'd, and it'd be buried anyways. If a script wouldn't work, I could just have a macro set on my computer to post a thread on UG at a certain time, proving that I had been at home posting on my computer at that exact point. A longer macro, if need be, so that any smart cops couldn't just say "well, you were on this page for 4 hours. Why was that?"

I"m telling you, friggin' psychopath.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Page 1 of 4