I'm buying a pickup from GFS soon, what would be best for a Muse-like sound with a fuzz factory?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Mar 24, 2008,
A Z. Vex Fuzz Factory..not a pick up.
But for a Matt Bellamy-like sound, just basic, a "Kent Armstrong Motherbucker", I think it's called, is what you wanna get. Although he also uses a "Seymour Duncan Hot P-90" and a "Fernandes Sustainer".
I Play:
An Epiphone G-400
Through A Marshall MG50DFX
With A Planet Wave Lead
And A Dunlop .38 Pick
He has onboard effects on his guitar. Like, fuzz, and stuff.... Its very difficult to achieve that sound through a pickup let alone a full arsenal of pedals.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Oh guys,
I should rephrase that.
I know that pickups dont make that sound.
I'm just wondering what would sound good WITH a fuzz factory. I already own one.

edit: will get a Power Rails, they are similar to a motherbucker (I believe).
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Mar 24, 2008,
effects not pickups that will get you towards a MUSE type sound. if your still determine to change your pickups. what era you after?
Showbiz, OOS, Abso or BH&R?
Showbiz is Stock pickups (you want a LP style guitar)
OOS is Motherbucker and hot P90
Abso is a continue on with that but adding Rio grande as well.
BH&R is Nail bomb but it's the hardest to replicate his whole sound due to KP and sustainer
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by djszkoda
Oh guys,
I should rephrase that.
I know that pickups dont make that sound.
I'm just wondering what would sound good WITH a fuzz factory. I already own one.

edit: will get a Power Rails, they are similar to a motherbucker (I believe).

buy the motherbucker it's worth the money. I did and i questioned myself too.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
I was thinking of the Absolution era. Already have a hot p90, just going to get some kind of motherbucker. Thanks for that info!
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

im not quite sure what kind of sound you want because i rarely listen to muse but i saw the power rails mentioned and i can tell you that they are amazing.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by djszkoda
I was thinking of the Absolution era. Already have a hot p90, just going to get some kind of motherbucker. Thanks for that info!

wasn't the p-90 a rio grande pickup?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe
wasn't the p-90 a rio grande pickup?

I think it changed for a guitar but usually it's a P90 with a Motherbucker. go for the Motherbucker it's worth it.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
^die...

i would second the motherbucker for the bridge
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
This site is down now, but when it was up it talked about 5 of his guitars. Naming the pickups, effects and other stuff about his guitars. I know using wayback machine you can bring up the text. I remember they had pictures showing the wiring in the guitar.
http://musegear.fobbedoff.net/
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass