Page 1 of 2
I have been trying to figure out for a while, but I still can't figure it out. Does anyone know?
It means to be more p0nx

like me *-)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
/thread
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
up'in the punx is how we plan on creating mass revolution.
common ways to up the punx:

when a cop is out of hearing range yell '**** the police'
drink a 40 on the street
if you see an old lady on the train rush to take the seat she is looking for
fight people who arn't punk
each time you see a fellow punk you gotta shout 'OI' and bum a ciggarette from them
kick fag ass in the mosh pit
don't pay for music download it, **** those rockstars
steal from stores, preferably independent ones, because unlike walmart those don't have security cameras.
the more you look like a peacock the better. it confuses the dumb masses.
listen to crass when your hitting on chicks.

lots of ways to up tha punx.
What have we done? What have we done? Are we making any changes or just having fun? What have we done? What have we done?

Is this more than just music, is it more than just a club? Are we making any difference oh what have we done? What have we done? What have we done?

Well just take a look around and I'm sure that you'll agree that we've done a lot of things to improve community, like organizing protest, and serving food not bombs, sending books to all the prisoners that have been locked up for so long, throwing bricks through all the windows of the evil corporate shops, supporting mom and pop, and standing up to the murdering racist cops.

It seems like we're always talking about the things that we do wrong, but let's not forget to talk about the good things that we've done. But no, we've got our faults, and I'm a say that I agree. But punk rock music saved my life, I can sing it honestly...

Sometimes it may seem like we haven't done anything, but I think that we made it little bit better than it was.
That's why I sing, and I'll ask you to sing with me...

Up the Punx! Up the Punx! Up the Punx!

Upping the punx is an old Saxon phrase that's been adapted to modern English usage.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I want to do an album of covers with songs that have cheesy or terrible lyrics in which I read them in Shatner style meter with bitchin' guitar and synth riffs in the background.

Two of the songs on the album would be Up Da Punx and Punk Rock Love.

'Cept I have no idea how to record stuff...

/me ends the fun.

It's a street punk reference, usually associated with the Casualties. But 95% of the time, people aren't serious when they use it. Unless you have a 2 foot mohawk and an economy sized vat of elmer's glue at your house.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Everytime I say Up the Punx... I mean it. I love punks and I love punk.

Up the Punx!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
Everytime I say Up the Punx... I mean it. I love punks and I love punk.

Up the Punx!

/me pwned
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Well, sometimes the punks are feeling a little blue. It's a nice gesture to try to cheer them up, by bringing them a cup of hot chocolate or reading them a story. This is known as cheering up the punks, or upping the punx for short.
Good lord, O=P has become Blake Schwarzenthingy. When'd that happen?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Up tha punx is like eating raw salmonella infected eggs. You're a body builder willing to sacrifice your health for your muscles. We p0nx are willing to use clichés to make a point.

What is the point, you ask?

The point is to up tha punx.
Someone who says "Up Tha Punx!" is letting you know that he is a huge faggot and wants your penis in his ass. "Tha Punx" is symbolic for "my ass" and up is where he wants your dick.

It's all very simple really.
One of my friends was driving down the highway and saw a huge piece of graffiti that said

"Down the punx, up the blowjobs"

hahaha

Still makes me laugh thinking about it, even though I'm not sure it makes any sense at all
I think it means like giving ups to the punx, as in supporting them.

Or maybe it's a plea admonishing us to increase the size and number of da punx.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by dannay
Someone who says "Up Tha Punx!" is letting you know that he is a huge faggot and wants your penis in his ass. "Tha Punx" is symbolic for "my ass" and up is where he wants your dick.

It's all very simple really.

Up Tha Punx!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Punx is the name of some tenements in the bronx. At the top one the punx there used to be a dealer called Dave, that all the ramones (Even CJ) bought glue off, when other people used to ask "Where can I get some glue/smack?" Everyone used to reply "UP THA PUNX!"
Quote by DanRev
Punx is the name of some tenements in the bronx. At the top one the punx there used to be a dealer called Dave, that all the ramones (Even CJ) bought glue off, when other people used to ask "Where can I get some glue/smack?" Everyone used to reply "UP THA PUNX!"

Uping the Punx is like a country fresh morning after a rain storm, like a warm hand knitted sweater given to you by a grandmother. Yes, Uping the Punx is a simple concept, for a simpler America.

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Uping the Punx is like a country fresh morning after a rain storm, like a warm hand knitted sweater given to you by a grandmother. Yes, Uping the Punx is a simple concept, for a simpler America.

oh good lord, best response in this thread.
Quote by CowsWithGuns

this thread is awesome

and about the "Down the Punks, Up the Blowjobs" thing, maybe it means.... down some beers, and get a blowjob?

No, probably not
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by original=punk
What have we done? What have we done? Are we making any changes or just having fun? What have we done? What have we done?

Is this more than just music, is it more than just a club? Are we making any difference oh what have we done? What have we done? What have we done?

Well just take a look around and I'm sure that you'll agree that we've done a lot of things to improve community, like organizing protest, and serving food not bombs, sending books to all the prisoners that have been locked up for so long, throwing bricks through all the windows of the evil corporate shops, supporting mom and pop, and standing up to the murdering racist cops.

It seems like we're always talking about the things that we do wrong, but let's not forget to talk about the good things that we've done. But no, we've got our faults, and I'm a say that I agree. But punk rock music saved my life, I can sing it honestly...

Sometimes it may seem like we haven't done anything, but I think that we made it little bit better than it was.
That's why I sing, and I'll ask you to sing with me...

GHOST MICE FTW!!
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by Brugels
I have been trying to figure out for a while, but I still can't figure it out. Does anyone know?

No. No one knows. Similar to how street bands incessantly chant Oi Oi Oi in songs, it doesn't mean anything. It's just an exclamation, essentially a punctuation mark. A really lame one.
Quote by sargasm
Well, sometimes the punks are feeling a little blue. It's a nice gesture to try to cheer them up, by bringing them a cup of hot chocolate or reading them a story. This is known as cheering up the punks, or upping the punx for short.

Upping da p0nx is pooping in urinals!
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Tr00 p0nx drink milk straight from the carton and p0op in urinals'
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2