Poll Options
View poll results: which one?
$10,000 at guitar center
189 72%
backstage pass/jam with favorite band
75 28%
Voters: 264.
Page 1 of 3
Yeah so my brother asked me this today, and it was a really hard question for me to answer.

Would you rather have a $10,000 shopping spree at guitar center, or have a backstage pass and a jam session with your favorite band?
I'd probably be too intimidated to jam with my favorite band. I'd take the cash.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
The money.
God knows I'd probably make an ass out of myself in front of Mikael Åkerfeldt, causing me to go into deep depression or some shit.
Are you kidding?! Money all the way! I'd burn every record I had by my favourite band and never listen to them again for $10,000.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
The money. I'd seem like I suck standing with Fall Out Boy.

Just kidding. But I would take the money.
GO YANKEES!
Quote by Gunpowder
I'd probably be too intimidated to jam with my favorite band. I'd take the cash.

I agree, and i dont say that to just anyone.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Dude, that's only £5000. And everything in Guitar Center ****ing sucks from having 13 year old retards play Pantera on it.

Jam. I'm pretty satisfied with my current gear anyhow.
Man, That would be tough to play in front of mike McCready and Eddie Vedder. But would be damn awesome. I'm gonna Jam with Pearl Jam
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Money, easy. First of all, I'd never be able to hang with my favorite band. Their talent far surpasses my own. Second, $10000 is so much money!!!
i was tempted to say cash, but hell id rather jam with eric clapton, before he goes too...

EDIT: also, 10grand really isnt that much, and id pay way more for a jam with a player that i really respected. 10000 would go by pretty quick at guitar center anyways.. 3000 strat, 3500 amp, etc...
i wouldnt even know what to do with 10k. I would buy a PRS 24 and some tube amp and a new drum set but that still wouldnt equal 10k.

If i could chat with the band for a good 4 hours and whatnot then i would choose the band.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
Money hands down.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
If $10k was all it took to get Kyuss in the same room and playing together it'd be worth every penny. They've turned down offers of over a million though.
jam with pantera. dime was such a good guy he'd probably convince rex to give me some of his gear.
money
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I voted for the 10,00 dollars, but now that I think about it...a jam with Led Zeppelin would be absolutely priceless...
*removed*
Jamming with a favorite band, by far. How the fuck can you take money over that?
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Jam.

I mean, if I could jam with Opeth, I would be literally like a ****ing giddy schoolgirl, I'd be talking a thousand miles per hour and probably shake Mike's hand at least ten times (and probably hug him..>>
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Play a dual solo of Under the Sun (Everyday Comes and Goes) with Tony Iommi? I would gladly give my life away to do so.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Money.
I could just imagine the jam....

Petrucci: So, how many notes can you play per second?
Me: I dont know...
Petrucci: Is it under 451764589164579164756249756279451405102405? If so, GTFO!!

If it was solo artist, I might do it though, I wonder what it would be like to jam with Buckethead...

EDIT: TS, does it have to be guitar center? Or can it just be any music store of your choice?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
10 000 dollars is not impossible to get. Tracking down Sirenia or Moonspell, and getting them to jam with me? I'd say that's pretty much impossible.

that, and I dont even know where a guitar centre is around here.
Quote by Jimmyyoung
Jamming with a favorite band, by far. How the fuck can you take money over that?

Exactly my thoughts.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Also, seriously $10,000...I'd spend that at home, not on GC., (I lie a bit, I'd buy a PRS and an ENGL Blackmore, but I'd still have roughly $7,000 leftover)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I would love to hang out with Tool. I would probably sell my little sister to be in the same room as them. Band all the way.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Quote by Yakult
Are you kidding?! Money all the way! I'd burn every record I had by my favourite band and never listen to them again for $10,000.

oh your a sportsmen.
but man... it was a tough decision for me. i mean i can just see myself sittin by Tom Morello playin some rythm as he solos over me damn... but I just cant pass up the 10 grand. its just too much money
Page 1 of 3