Hi, I'm new at tab-making and I just made my first tab for Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". I made the whole tab in Microsoft Word, and the spacing is all fine. But when I copy and paste it into the "Submit Your Tab" area and hit Preview, the spacing is all messed up! It looks like if there are more than 3 spaces in a row it deletes it all. How do I make it spaced correctly?

I appreciate any feedback! =)
Write it in notepad, it will save you a whole heap of time.
Its just to do with the fonts that you tab comes out looking strange. All the letters/numbers within the font basically need to take up the same amount of space (width) and in Word your default is Times New Roman which doesn't work in that way. There are fonts that do so you can still write out tabs in Word, but make sure you get the right font before typing it up because otherwise you'll just end up spending hours at the end deleting and adding extra bits.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well the font I'm using is Courier New which is the font that is used in the tabs. The spacing is correct in Word, but when I copy and paste it into the text box to submit, all the extra spaces are deleted. How do I make it so the spaces are still there?

It does it here too:
|___________|
| |

The first one is correct because I put invisible characters in between. I have the same amount of spaces for the second one, but they got deleted when I posted it. The same thing happens with the tab.
It should be fine in the 'submit a tab' section, as for the forum you have to put code tags around the tab.

Example:

|-------------------
|----------6--------
|------------4------
|--------4----------
|--------7----------
|------5------------

Take the spaces out of the tags (the square brackets) and it should come out looking like this...

|-------------------
|----------6--------
|------------4------
|--------4----------
|--------7----------
|------5------------

Hope that helps with the forum stuff.
I think there are problems with the preview part of submitting a tab.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I submitted the tab despite the problems on the preview page, I hope it turns out OK.
Thanks for the help!
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.