I have a Line 6 Spider III.
I'm trying to get a tone similar to Buckethead.
Can I do this without purchasing any other effects/hardware?
Thanks a lot!
you could put a killswitch in your guitar
he uses one a lot
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
LOL! EPIC FALIZOR!

Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Lol! Epic Failzor!

:d

LOL, NOT HELPFUL!

Try the ultimate settings thread, there might be some settings already in there, and if not you'll get better answers than you will in here, there won't be as many people making themselves feel like big boys by laughing at your amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Ice Cold J
I have a Line 6 Spider III.
I'm trying to get a tone similar to Buckethead.
Can I do this without purchasing any other effects/hardware?
Thanks a lot!

When you're saying "tone similar to Buckethead", what tone are you talking about? The guy is kind of all over the place in terms of tone.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
+1 to the KillSwitch suggestion. Easy mod and fun to play with
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by Reildeal
When you're saying "tone similar to Buckethead", what tone are you talking about? The guy is kind of all over the place in terms of tone.

What I'm looking for is the synth-like sound he uses. Jordan, Power Rangers theme, mostly his popular stuff.
I checked the Ultimate Settings Thread and it said run an OD pedal through the amp.
However, a guy I talked to said that MOST pedals were uneccessary because the Spider III's have so many built-in effects.
I was just wondering if someone here could help me get that tone.
Thanks to everyone! Any more advice, feel free to let me know.
Make use of the stickies at the top of the page! This is directly from the very first page of the settings thread.

Buckethead of Buckethead
Bass: 5-6
Mids: 5-7
Treble: 7-8
Presence: 6

Obviously, an OD in front of your Spider isn't going to be beneficial, so don't worry about adding in a pedal. The Spider has more than enough gain, an OD in front of it will only add noise. Try those settings with each of the amp models and use your ears to figure out which sounds best to you.
I tried that (messing around with the amp models) and nothing seemed to sound right. I'll keep screwing around with it see what happens.
I did check there first, but it didn't seem to work.
Trust me, that's the first place I ALWAYS look. I've got about 30 of those settings saved in my amp already.
Thanks!
Guitar Set-up:
Silvertone Rokit w/ Bill Lawrence Wylde Pickups
Silvertone Citation w/ SRV Pickguard
Samick Avion
Samick Royale
Line 6 Spider III
Dunlop Slash Wah Pedal
Bass Set-up:
Samick Fairlane 4-String Bass
Line 6 Low-Down
Use those settings as a default and use your ears to make adjustments. You're not going to get exact, but worth trying.
delay delay delay!
search for that echo-like sound! (distorted)