Will a 2x12 cab with greenbacks in it adding up to a 50 watt cab be able to withstand my 50 watt valveking without causing any problems with the speakers? I just figure the tubes may provide too much power for it when they get cranked and pushed hard.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Well if you are going to be cranking it I'd suggest getting a 100Watt cab or 75Watt at the very least. You see when an amp is cranked it pushes past the rated watts (not sure exactly how much though) but generally when you have a tube amp you want the cab having more watts than the amp itself due to this, because you'll put a heavy strain on your speakers when they are just rated the same as the amp, if not blow them even. So like I said go for a higher wattage cab......or be careful if you crank it.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Do you think that maybe a couple g12h30's will be better to have to get a 60 watt cab, to maybe be a little more careful and probably get a pretty similar tone? Becasue I do crank it often
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
You like the sound of speakers being pushed to their limits? I do. Those Greenbacks are rated conservatively, and will have no trouble handling everything your 50W VK can throw at them.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
You like the sound of speakers being pushed to their limits? I do. Those Greenbacks are rated conservatively, and will have no trouble handling everything your 50W VK can throw at them.

I am again beaten to something by Slats' better phrased advice.

+1