Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
i saw a guy who recently posted like yesterday who has one,he was asking something about the floyd rose...ill see if i can find you the thread.
well no one has posted!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I know for a fact that there are people here who have them.

The Edwards would be better, since the LTD are of generally lower quality

also, LTD can't use the right paintjob or bodyshape out of Jackson copyright.
Quote by TheIronTrooper
i saw a guy who recently posted like yesterday who has one,he was asking something about the floyd rose...ill see if i can find you the thread.

Haha that was me.

I have the LTD Pink Sawtooth:

To be honest, I liked it better than the Jackson RR24's. Something about the satin finish unpainted neck just felt so much smoother and nicer. It's playability is great. When choosing a guitar, my top priority is playability, not looks or sound or anything. But I happen to love the look of it anyway. Although I would rather have the real Japanese RR body shape.

Anyway, a small review of the LTD Pink Sawtooth's playability:

-Neck: as stated, I love the unpainted satin-finished neck. The best feeling ever. So smooth and doesn't get in your way of sliding at all.
-Fret access: Pretty damn good for a V-shaped guitar. The extra cutaway is nice. I do wish the cutaway was like a few millimeters further, but I still reach my pinky to the 24th fret all the time.
-Fretjob: I definitely think that the fretjob could've been a bit better, but this is where you realize it's an LTD. I'd say that in this category, and this category only, I liked the Jackson RR24 better. Plus I think I like Jumbo frets better than XJumbo too.
-Action: Mine is set up pretty good; I imagine yours would be too.
-Nut width: I like the extra small nut width. Most guitars are set at 43 mm nut width, where the Alexis are 42 mm. I know it's only one millimeter, but I can tell the slight difference.

I'm extremely happy I bought the guitar. I recommend either it or an Edwards E-AL-128. Only get an RR24 if you're THAT dead set on a Jackson, but to be honest the Alexi's have more advantages.
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Mar 25, 2008,
I have the Pink LTD
I also have a couple of Jackson RR's

They are definately different from each other.
I will categorize my thoughts like fixationdarkness.
Neck- Unpainted finish is definately the way to go. The neck is more rounded than the Jacksons I have which have very flat necks. Plastic pink inlays are a little cheap looking. I hear the MOTO Jackson inlays are cheesy also. MOP inlays are the way to go.
Frets - are a little thinner than the Jackson and appear to be more rounded on top. My RR1 has very flat frets. Access to the upper frets is wonderful with the extended cutout on the SE. I agree that the fret job is not the best but it is a LTD.
Action- My action is set low and the intonation is very close. Not perfect but close. I will have to have that looked at later.
FLoyd- The Floyd works perfectly and has no issues. I notice the tension is significantly higher than on my Jackson.
Finish- It looks like the pink on the body is a decal that has been cleared over. You can see the dot matrix in the color. The black is nice.
Body- I like the longer lower fin. It sets in your knee better than the RR when sitting and playing. Be careful using normal guitar stands. I recommend one that holds it by the headstock to keep the fins off of the ground. The guitar feels lighter than my RR1 but I have not weighed them. Mine is a early production so the strap button is high on the upper fin. I will probably move it down to give the guitar a better balance when hanging around my neck.
EMG- definately crunchy compared to the Seymour Duncans in my RR1. I like it. Its not good or bad its just different. My guitar just has one volume control so not much you can do.
Bottom line- The guitar is fine. Im glad I own one. If you have the cash step up to the Edwards. The LTD is expensive at a retail level for the quality it is. Search one out used and definately look at one before buying.
My RR1 is better in everyway than this guitar but the price point is very different also.
I think my next guitar will be a RR24 and I will sand the paint off of the neck.